Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuxie Tuesday

I am getting a lot of use out of my ham-mick these days.  I can't believe that Mom forgot to include all of our blogging friends in the things that we are thankful for.  I don't know what she was thinking.

Karen Jo:  I wasn't thinking very much.  My brain was still full of how much I was missing Emma.  Your fur is growing back nicely, Herman.  It even looks a little wavy.

Just in time, too.  It's getting cold around here.  Mom left the door open and the screen door closed and I went up to the screen door to check things out.  I soon retreated because the air coming in was so cold.  I don't know how Mom goes out in it in just her shirtsleeves.

Karen Jo:  I am only out long enough to feed the birds and change the water in the birdbath.  It's not too bad as long as the sun is shining.  You have been pretty cuddly lately.  When I sit on the couch to read, you often come up on the couch and sit beside me.  You have even put your head on my thigh. Are you turning into a lap cat?

You wish.  I do like to be near you and get petted, though.  I like to play with you again, too.  I am playing with almost all of my toys, even some of the wand toys. I even played with Da Bird for a little while.

Karen Jo:  That surprised me a little.  You hardly ever payed any attention to it before Emma came.  I am glad that you are playing with me and even chasing your balls around and running down the hall.  You jumped up on the sink for a drink of tap water a couple of times, too.  I was afraid that you would turn into a lounge cat and lose the muscle tone that you built up playing with Emma.

We are almost out of Duck and Pea.

Karen Jo:  I know.  I am reluctant to buy any more.  You didn't lose any weight last month.  You didn't gain any, either.  I am thinking about not giving you any more Duck and Pea until you lose the rest of the weight you need to lose.

Dang, not only didn't you bring me any turkey, now you want to cut down my buffet even more.

Karen Jo:  I tried to buy us a turkey yesterday, Herman, but all they had were really big ones.  I will wait until I can buy one of the smaller fresh turkeys again, then you will get some turkey.  As for cutting down on your buffet, you have to lose some weight.  I want you to stay healthy.  From what I have read about FeLV, if you make it through your fourth year, and you are halfway there, you stand a good chance of living a normal lifespan.  I don't want anything to compromise that.

At least I still get some treats, though not as many as I would like.

Karen Jo:  I wouldn't make you go without treats completely, Herman.  I know how much you like them.

16 comments:

TabbyNormal said...

Herman, you have a super Mum! But you know, you can be both a lounge-cat AND a crazy cat. We are cats, so we can do both! In fact, the crazy you are, the better the lounging time becomes. You're on the right track!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Herman, your human loves you very much and takes fantastic care of you.

You know if you play a lot that burns more calories, right? And if you lose the weight, you just might get to eat more again. (Well, we can hope for you. LOL.)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Keep up the playing, Herman. It is good for weight loss! WE hate having to be on a diet, too!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Playing is a far better way to lose weight than just not eating!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We thinks holding out fur a small fresh turkey sounds better than the duck and pea food you like! You haf a good Mom! Mebbe you will become a lap cat?

The Florida Furkids said...

You're such a lucky ManCat to have a Mom who loves you so much.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Kat and the Furrsonality gang said...

My Yuki is on a diet, too, so keep toning up those mancat muscles!

RoySr said...

We vote for play over not eating. Eating, sleeping, and playing of course, are the three most favorite pastimes a kitty can have, unless you consider cuddling a favorite pastime too. Then we gotta regroup and rewrite the last sentence.

The Island Cats said...

Herman, we know you don't like some of the things your mom does, like not giving you your duck and pea, but she loves you very much and only wants what's best for you.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Herman, my human wishes you could send me some of your extra weight because I am too thin and she has the hardest time making me gain any! I am just picky about food - I wish I could just have the extra ounces without having to eat for them!

meowmeowmans said...

Your Mom sure loves you, Herman. We are glad you two are enjoying each other so much.

Marg said...

Herman, you have such a good human. She does love you a lot and we are so glad to hear that you are snuggling a little bit with her. That makes her happy Herman. Glad to hear that you are doing well. Big hugs to both you and your Mom Herman.

Ivan from WMD said...

Herman, I'm glad to hear you're getting more snuggly with your mom!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I thing you should get more treats Herman just because you are such a handsome dude!

Ellen Whyte said...

Herman, you're one lucky cat and we're wishing you turkey galore.

About the fat bit. We have always kept Au a little bit overweight in order to have that fat pocket stash for when he gets ill. I'm convinced it saved his life in Jan before he got the Retromad1. Mind you, Au is 13 not 3. And he wasn't obese, just a bit fat about the bum. And also very, very active.

Ellen Whyte said...

Hi Karen Jo! You are aiming at 14 pounds because Herman weighs 16.6 pounds!? Herman, what are you? A tiger? A furry mountain lion? Good lord, are you a BIG cat! You should come over and wrastle with Guido and Target. That would slim you down :-)