Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuxie Tuesday

I am sitting my my toy baskets, trying to decide whether I want to play with what Mom has gotten out for me today, or pick one out for myself.  I went with Mom's choices, though I didn't play with all of them.  Mean Mom deserted me for most of the day.

Karen Jo:  I left the house for my teeth cleaning appointment a little after ten and didn't get back until a quarter to one.  At one my friend called and wanted me to go with her to visit her mother in the nursing home in twenty minutes.  I didn't get back from that until three-thirty.  I did try to play with you after I fed you on my return, Herman, but you didn't want to.  I invited you to share my easy chair while I read after I did my chores, but you only wanted the chair.  I moved to the couch and you took my warm spot on the chair.  I tried to play with you again after supper, but you weren't much interested. At least you joined me at bedtime last night.

About midnight last night I jumped up on the bed and stared at Mom the way I do when I think it's bedtime.  She actually put on her PJs and came to bed.  We snuggled all night.  I got a lot of petting.

Karen Jo:  I was so glad that you wanted to come to bed with me again that I petted you until I fell asleep.  We stayed that way until dawn, when I had to get up to use the human litter box and I fed you.  I was so happy that you came back to bed after you ate.  I really missed you those two nights you didn't come to bed.  I think we were both missing Emma quite a bit today.  I found Herman in her room twice, lying between the litter box and the spot where Emma passed away.  Herman used to only go into Emma's room to use the litter box or play with Emma.

You told me that you are deserting me for Thanksgiving.

Karen Jo:  That's right.  I am going to my brother's house Thanksgiving morning and coming back on Friday.  Don't worry, the same nice lady is going to come in and feed you and give you fresh water.

Does that mean that I don't get any turkey?

Karen Jo:  I will ask for some turkey to bring home.  If it all disappears, then I will cook a turkey just for us soon.  How's that?

I guess that will do.

13 comments:

wildcatwoods said...

I am sure that both of you will miss Emma for quite a while to come. Herman knows she is gone. It was a good idea to let him smell her - they know more than we give them credit for.

Wishing you both a Happy Turkey Day.

Cats of wildcat woods

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! I hope you get turkey. That will make up for your human being gone. We bet Herman does miss Emma. They were quite good companions.

TabbyNormal said...

Your mom is so sweet to listen to you! And we think whatever toys you choose to play with are the perfect choices, of course.

meowmeowmans said...

We know you're both missing sweet Emma, and are glad you have each other.

Wishing you a nice Thanksgiving.

Purrs and hugs!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That's right, Herman - make sure your human brings home some turkey for you! That's the least you should expect!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Sounds like a house-trashin in the making!

Gigi said...

Yo, Herman! Listen, man, don't take this no-more-baby-food thing lying down. Baby chick-hens and baby-beef are the BOMB! When I was just a tiny feral boy, the Human used the Gerber's to "civilize" me (as if!!) and once in awhile I still get some. I don't like to admit this in public ::looks around guiltily:: but I actually lick it right off her finger! (shhhhh) So while you might score some turkey ONCE a year, those little Gerbers jars are in the stores Every Single Day.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Oh Herman, we think of you and your mummy often these days, I know what a hard time you must be having. You'll stay in our thoughts and purrs.

Karen and Gerard said...

I like when my cats sleep with me too. Spunky comes shortly after I go to bed and snuggles under the covers with me but Manny stays on top near the bottom of the bed.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Herman, we hope you do get lots of leftovers, but it seems that you'll get your turkey regardless. :-)

We're sending you both lots of purrs and kitty kisses. It can take a long time....The mom still is grieving for Annie's passing, and that was 40 weeks ago today. Everyone just heals in their own way and in their own time.

(((Hugs)))

~E said...

I hope you and your mommy have a great Thanksgiving. I know it is hard with you missing Emma. I am sure Lady is taking good care of her xo

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We know both of you are adjusting to not having Emma around. It is hard and does take time,. We hope you get turkey, Herman

Oui Oui said...

The mom wanted to mention to you she had a FeLV + kitty who lived until he was 7. He was a stray that adopted her, and she didn't know his status (it wouldn't have mattered if she did). She had 2 adult cats who never came down with it, but they must have been + too, because of him??? He was well until 5 days before he passed. Suddenly they were in the middle of a nightmare. But she thinks healthy adult cats are ok around + kitties. Not sure what a vet would say.