Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Naughty Kitties

Spyro:  I am looking over the kitchen from on top of the refrigerator.  I am not a naughty kitty at all.  Well, I did run out the screen door when Mom thought I was safely asleep in the chair under the kitchen table. I went to my special spot in the yard and ate grass until Mom came and got me.  Later I barfed the grass up in the middle of the living room.  That's not naughty.  That's just normal for me.

Karen Jo:  You're right, Spyro.  You aren't really naughty.  There are some other cats here, though . . .
 Oja:  What are you looking at me for?  I'm grumpy, not naughty.

Karen Jo:  What do you call tormenting poor Cissy so much?  I picked a slightly blood-stained claw sheath out of your face this morning.  Why can't you just leave her alone?

Oja:  She's such an easy target.  I don't particularly like stinky mancats, but lady cats who are always screaming are worse.

Karen Jo:  You hiss at Tabitha, too.

Oja:  What did you expect?  I hiss at every new cat.
 Rocio:  Uh-oh, here comes Mom with her naughty cat list.

Karen Jo:  You were tormenting Cissy this morning, too.  All she was doing was lying on her cushion in the kitchen.

Rocio: Like Oja said, she's an easy target.


 Bambino: Mom woke me up with the camera yet again.  Sheesh!  I'm definitely not a naughty cat.

Karen Jo:  That's right.  You are a good kitty.  I appreciate how easily you have made friends with Tabitha.
 Horus:  Hmmm, I wonder what Mom is going to say to me.

Karen Jo: You have been a really good mancat lately, Horus.  You haven't even hissed at Tabitha.  You just sniff her whenever you meet; then you walk away.
 Julius:  I know I haven't done anything I shouldn't.

Karen Jo:  That's right.  On the contrary, you have been really nice to Tabitha.  It's so much fun to watch the two of you play chase.
 Brody:  I don't have the energy to be naughty.

Karen Jo:  You just spend all your energy in getting better, Brody.  Eat as much Elegant Medleys as you can.  You will be getting them for every meal from now on.

Brody:  Score!
 Cissy:  I think I'm in trouble.

Karen Jo:  You have been very naughty.  Care to explain?

Cissy:  I am upset that Brody isn't the same.  Some of the other kitties are mean to me.  I decided to just stay in the kitchen, but there isn't a litter box in here.

Karen Jo:  So that's why you used the recycle bin for your litter box and when I put a lid on that you used the floor?  There is a litter box just a few feet down the hall from the kitchen.

Cissy:  But it wasn't IN the kitchen

Karen Jo:  I got you a brand new litter box and put it in the kitchen, as much as I hate the idea of a litter box in the kitchen.  I got you the gel crystals, in case you decided you didn't like the Swheatscoop.  I hope that solves the problem.  Otherwise, you are going to the vet.  You might go anyway in case this change in your behavior means that you are sick.
Tabitha:  What's a naughty kitty?

Karen Jo: You don't have to worry about it.  How do you like having the door to your room open all the time?

Tabitha:  I love it.  I can go where I please, when I please and retreat back into my room when I have had enough excitement.  You know what, kitties?  There are dishes of food out there that are different than what I have been getting.  Yummy!

6 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

It sounds like there's a good mix of naughty and nice going on at your house, gang. :) We love you all, sweet friends!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

It sounds to me like Cissy is being tormented so badly by the other cats, she is afraid she will get ambushed by one of them in the litter box - or maybe she already has when you weren't around. Or maybe the other cats won't let her use "their" litter box? Sparkle used to get really possessive of "her" litter box when the other cats came back from the vet.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Sounds like a normal day in our house! MOL

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Naughty or nice, you're all adorable.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We love seeing all of you, and bravo Horus. Love ya Brody, we are all sending you purrs.

~E said...

A great mix of both, they are so lovable aren't they.