Saturday, September 7, 2013

Caturday

 Karen Jo:  You kitties all read the posts on the Tabby Cat Club about how to drive your parents crazy, didn't you?

All:  Of course we did.  We all belong to the club.

Karen Jo:  One of you decided that Derby had a good one by yacking on the carpet and staining it.  I found two yak spots by the computer desk with Stinky Goodness and kibble in them.  Now who eats in the computer room and gobbles as much Stinky Goodness as he can hold?

Bambino:  Why are you looking at me?  I have never yakked up anything.  Horus and Oja are the yakkers around here.  Oja eats in the computer room and she's so . . . (Oja glares at Bambino) er, floofy that it was probably her.
 Oja:  I only yak up hairballs.
 Horus:  Don't look at me.  I hardly eat the Stinky Goodness.  I prefer the kibble.  I admit to nomming on grass when I escape and I did barf that up one time.
 Spyro:   I eat in the kitchen most of the time and I have never yakked up food, only hairballs.
Rocio:  I hardly ever eat in the computer room any more.  Oja and Bambino gobble it all up between them.  I am lucky to get a bite.  I have been eating in the safe room when I get any at all.

Karen Jo:  Oh, poor you.  I have seen you going around and checking every dish to see if there was any Stinky Goodness left and if there is you clean it up.  I guess the yak will remain a mystery.

Karen Jo:  Thanks to all of you for your responses to my post "Who's the Alpha?"  I am glad to know that there doesn't have to be an alpha cat and I will stop trying to figure it out.  I think I have figured out a little bit about Rocio's behavior.  The other morning Horus was annoying Rocio something awful.  I put a stop to it, but a few hours later Rocio started annoying Oja.  That one wasn't too bad, so I just told Rocio to knock it off and he eventually did.  A couple of hours after that, Oja and Rocio were giving each other nose kisses.  There was a blissful period of about 10 days when no cat was annoying any other cat, so I do think that Rocio has stopped annoying Oja just on his own.  He only does it now when Horus has been picking on him.  Why Horus picks on Rocio I don't know, unless it's some kind of status thing.  Oja is becoming more tolerant of Bambino.  She even licked the very end of his tail when they were both in bed with me.  Maybe all my cats will be friends with each other eventually.

13 comments:

Debra Taylor said...

These kitties are so sweet! And I love those trampolene-looking beds.



Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

Debby in Arizona
http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, that's quite the yak-dilemma with so many cats there. Sounds like it won't be easy to solve THAT mystery!

We are glad you got some insight about the gang's behavior. WE hope they're all friends eventually, too. :)

Hugs!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I think the infamous NOKITTY yakked that up!

The three of us her are friends and sometimes frienimies.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Aren't those days of no fussing, wonderful?!?

We hope you kittehz are settling in nicely.

Have a wonderful Sunday. XOXO

Katnip Lounge said...

They certainly all know how to pull together with the Great Yak Mystery!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Thank you for your kind comments when I felt to sick - I am feeling much better now and have started to eat A LOT!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Florida Furkids said...

Mystery Barf!!! That happens around here a lot.

The Florida Furkids

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

The only time it's not a mystery in our house is when it's yellow fur then I know it's Ping!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know that not a one of you would ever do anything to drive Mom crazy!

The Island Cats said...

It's hard for us to hide who did the yakking because of the color of our furs. The mom usually can tell who yakked depending on the color of the yak.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Ah you guys, we KNOW that its kind to the Bein to hack on the bare floors. Srsly, WE dont wanna walk on hack either.

Ivan from WMD said...

Hey, yak happens!

I missed the alpha cat discussion, but I think Karen Jo is the alpha cat!

Debra Taylor said...

It's fun to read all about their inclinations and preferences. Hope all of you have such a great weekend that you are happier than kitties in Tuna Town!


Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog archives for some informative posts and stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

Debby in Arizona
http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/