Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nippy Tuxie Tueday

Mom finally got around to stuffing this kitty's swim trunks with catnip. At first I barely noticed it.  Then that great aroma started to get to my nose and I played and played with it.  After I finished tossing it around, I laid my head down on it like I was going to take a nap, but I moved as soon as Mom pointed the camera at me.  Mom got a whole new bag of nip treats and is giving me as many as I want when she gets home from work.  She will give me some before she goes to work, but she always quits giving them to me before I get enough.

Karen Jo:  Just what do you call enough?  I gave you about eight of them before I told you that I had work to do and quit this morning.  I gave you your nip kitty and sprinkled nip on your cardboard scratcher and Turbo Scratcher.  Just before I went to work, I gave you five or six more.  I think you are becoming a nip head.

And what's wrong with that?  I don't get really stoned, just playful and happy.

Karen Jo:  There's nothing wrong with it.  I gave you nip treats tonight when I got home until you didn't want any more.  I didn't even count them, but I know that it was more than ten.

Mom gives me other kinds of treats, too.  In the morning she mixes the nip treats up with Temptations, Greenies and Pounce.  She ran out of Greenies today.

Karen Jo:  I will get you some more Greenies tomorrow.

Mom is eating turkey again.  I ate a little bit of it today.

Karen Jo:  A friend of mine has a family that doesn't like the dark meat, so she brings some of it to me.  You only ate two bites.  I don't know why.  It is really good.

I think maybe I only really like freshly cooked people food.  I am not so keen on leftovers.

Karen Jo:  Your loss.  I still don't understand your reactions to my cooking.  You won't touch a bite of pot roast, so the last time I cooked it, I put in onions and herbs.  You kept meowing and meowing at me all the time it was cooking, like you wanted some.  When it was done, I let you smell it and you walked away like you were offended at the very idea that you might like to eat some.  I wouldn't have given you any because of the onion at any rate, but I wanted to know why you were meowing.  Were you disgusted at the smell or what?

I am not telling.  I have to keep you guessing.

16 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Herman, you are so funny! You've totally got your human trained! She has no idea whether she's coming or going at this point. Good job!

Kea said...

We wish our human would give us that many treats! Wow!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

All the treats you want! you are a spoiled kitty!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Dear, sweet, Herman, we are so happy you found such a wonderfully loving home with Karen Jo. We love both of ya and are so thankful for your friendship.

SeaThreePeeO said...

MOL! That's right Herman, keep her guessing!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure are doing good Herman, especially keeping Mom on her toes!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
It's our job to keep our Mom's guessing! We are so glad to hear how happy the nip makes you feel.

purrin
xoxox

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We like the meat TBT prepares, but we get our part before he spices it all up an cooks it. Sometimes he leaves one chicken piece alone an we get that one cooked...

The Island Cats said...

Be careful with all that nip, Herman...there might be an intervention in your future!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You're the master of keeping your human on her toes my friend!! I could take lessons!

Anonymous said...

MOL, you tell 'er Herman!

OKcats said...

Wowie, Herman, you sure do get a lot of treats! You reminded me of a story that is kind of funny, but kind of not. A couple of years ago, my mom bought these treats from the vet - they had fiber in them, and my brother and I were both senior cats who sometimes had a little trouble making poo. Well, my mom did something really dumb and gave him as many treats as he wanted to eat. He had RAGING diarrhea for a day, and she couldn't figure out why?!! When she finally realized what she had done, she felt terrible. Sometimes she's not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Your friend, Fuzzy

Jans Funny Farm said...

You get all those treats at one time? Do you eat meals? Jan is kind of stingy with the treats so maybe we should trade her in.

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, Herman. We are impressed! You have your mom very well-trained! :)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Herman, you have a big job today to keep mommy resting but drinking a lot of tea.
that "cold" has been making the rounds.
If you run a fever, go to the people vet and get the antibiotics - this one seems to turn ugly quickly and attacks sweet innocent people. Gramma and grampa had it... now mom is going over to their house today with Christabelle and boy she better not bring it to our house!!
YOu and I have the same tastebonk buds Herman. I am also very funny about food, meanwhile, Miles eats like he is starving and inhales his food.

bonkbonk for better feeling days ahead for your mom!

T said...

awwww Herman! stop torturing your mama! she is a good mama! hope you are feeling better sweet pea!