Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Progress

Mom hasn't taken any more pictures of me lately, so here I am relaxing with my mousie from a while back. I am making more progress toward having normal poop. Mom has found two more solid poops in my litter box since I last blogged.

Karen Jo: It is a little frustrating. The solid poops appear about every other day with very thick pudding poop in between. Tuesday I started Herman's pulse with the antibiotic, so maybe that will help get him to solid poop all the time. I am very hopeful that he will get completely back to normal very soon.

I am really enjoying life and having lots of fun. Mom put my wand toys in a big vase and I played with my mousie all by myself for quite a while. I whap my nip ball around and play soccer with Mom. I watch the birdies on my platform and I really got into waking Mom up for food again.

Karen Jo: You were one hungry kitty last night. You woke me up three times before 8:00 am for more Stinky Goodness.

You did say that you missed my pre-dawn wake up calls. Well, you don't have to miss them any more. You had some interesting food for lunch.

Karen Jo: I had a catfish dinner from the nearby take-out place. I didn't give you any catfish because the cornmeal breading has hot spices in it.

I was more interested in something else you had.

Karen Jo: That surprised me. I never knew that cats liked coleslaw. You were so interested in it that I gave you a little, thinking that you would just lick the dressing, but you ate the cabbage, too.

It was yummy. Do I really have to go to the v-e-t in the morning?

Karen Jo: Yes, you do. We need to get that nasty mat off your side. You will feel better when it's over.

I suppose I will. I just don't like to go there.

Karen Jo: We will go with your foster Mom and Miss Kitty. You can meet her through your PTUs.

I just want it to be over with. You say I won't have to go back again for a long time, right?

Karen Jo: That's right. You won't have to go back unless you get sick again, because I think the Furminator will keep you from getting any more mats. At least I hope so. If everything goes well, you won't have to go again until next spring, when it's time for your wellness exam.

That sounds great to me. Maybe taking the nasty medicine is worth it after all.

Guess what? Thursday is my birthday. I will be three. I am trying to talk Mom into having a party for me.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like, Herman, all us cats can send a petition to your mommy to celebrate your birthday!

-Sherkhan

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Ooo, count us in for a party my friend! We're so happy you're eating and having fun - we keep purring for you!!!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oh Herman, is there ANY QUESTION that you'll be having a birthday on Thursday?! It has already been ordained! And I'm so happy to know that you are getting back to normal in so many parts of your life! Sending lots of happy purrs, with a few healing purrs mixed in. :)

Kea said...

Herman, we're very happy to read a good progress report! Solid poop every other day is great--better still when it's every day. :-)

Oh, yes, you do need a party for your birthday, after everything you've been through.

Sending lots of purrs and Light that you continue to get well and that after the mat is removed, you won't have to return to the v-e-t for a long time!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Herman, that is an excellent report today...sounds like an extra good reason for a birthday party!

Angel Simba said...

Very nice to hear good progress going on there. Wow, coleslaw - I didn't think kitties ate that either.

Marg said...

Wow, three years old. We definitely need to have a party Herman. That would be great fun. We are so glad that you are continuing to get better. Keep up that good work Herman.
Have a fantastic day.

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Herman - we are so very happy that you are doing better. and we wish you a furry happy early purrfday too!

SuziQCat said...

That is all excellent news Herman...keep eating and making good poops :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are pleased to hear that you are improving - sorry to hear you have got to have a visit to the (whispers v-e-t) to have your matt cut off - Hannah had to go to have one cut off the back of each rear leg when Mum had adopted us and the v-e-t had to give her a whiff of sleepy gas as she kept escaping from the vet and the nurse!! Ha Ha - they remember her when she has to go for anything else.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
This is all so pawsome. We are glad you are feeling better and playing more and that you are making more solid poops. Keep up the poops!

Purrs
Abby

Anonymous said...

oh yes, have a party! a Herman-Getting-Well-Happy-Brifday Party!!! i will bring my famous sammin and cream cheese sammiches, wif catnip garnish. you just let us all know when to come by!

Cat said...

PARTY!! PARTY!! PARTY!!! HERMAN NEEDS A PARTY!! We'll be over with some ham&cheese sammiches and a bouquet of catnip...oh, yeah and some toys cuz a party just isn't a party without games!! Purrs, Lautrec and Tiny

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope you get a party too. Do not worry--no matter what I will bring a ham for you!!!

Anonymous said...

We are crossing effurything we can (IE: paws, tails, eyes, etc...) that you get a pawty on Thursday! We think you should since you're feeling MUCH better!!! And, sorry about having to go to the V~E~T this morning, but you'll feel better after!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Good job waling Mom up for food! That means you are really interested in eating.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh Herman we are so excited to hear you are doing so well! And wow, your birthday - you have to have a party with such good news and everything it is just perfect to do!

The Creek Cats said...

We can't wait to celebrate your purrthday with you, Herman!!!
Hmm....gonna have to try some of that coleslaw!

Pip said...

We wants to celebrate your birfday too Herman! We are so glad to hear that you might not has to go to the VET again for a long while.
We purrs and purrs for that!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo ated cole slaw? Yuk, we tried some once...blech. Party or not we is gonna come over and celebrate wif some fresh catnip and freeze dried salmon treats. We'll even bring our blakies so we can all lay on dem and rest after playing. Maybe yoo and Speedy can compare poops...heehee

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I join the petition to have a party. Hope it works.. Glad you seem to be improving more each day.. Hugs GJ x

Lynx217 said...

we are still purring for u very hard, Herman. We love ya!

Katnip Lounge said...

Count alla us in for a pawty, Herman! You gotta celebrate every single day! we are "tails up" to a solid poop, even every other day.

We'll bring nip and a secret gift...

Sweet Pea enjoys the tops off of strawberries. You just never know what us Cats will eat.

The Island Cats said...

We're glad you're doing better, Herman!! And we're ready to party with you for your birthday!

meowmeowmans said...

We are so happy to know that you continue to make such wonderful progress, Herman! We are looking forward to helping you celebrate your special day tomorrow!

Liss said...

Oh you are so lovely. Ricky is your partner in the Christmas in July gift exchange. You can send us your address at mhayden@insightbb.com

Jacqueline said...

We've never had cole slaw, guess we'll have to try it!...You are a wonderful sweetheart and we love you!..xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki