Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuxie Tuesday

I was sleepy and Mom caught me mid-yawn.  This picture is from several days ago, but it's just the way I felt today, too.  The weather was very cold and some snowflakes came down.  The sun peeked out occasionally, but not much.  I played with Mom a little bit, but mostly I just wanted to nap.  I didn't even eat as much as usual, though I did a good job making my cheese and treats disappear.

Mom says that I am a very polite kitty.  She had the big Temptations bag open to get me a treat and I stuck my head in it.  I took out one treat and ate it.  It smelled great in there.  Mom put the nip treats in with the Temptations.

Mom invented a new game.  She puts a toy under my warming mat and moves it around, then takes her hand out and I fish out the toy.  Tonight she wasn't fast enough in getting her hand out of  the way and I got her instead of the toy.  She yelped, but she wasn't hurt.  Maybe some more stuff will happen tomorrow.

14 comments:

Angel Simba said...

You look quite ferocious, Herman. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Um, we sometimes claw TBT when we are grabbin at a toy too. We feel bad about it. He seems ta unnerstand.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That looks like one fierce yawn, Herman! I too am a polite kitty - if my human sets out a whole bag of food or treats, I will reach in and pull out only as much as I can chew.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That made me yarn Herman! I hope you have fun today on your warming mat and get plenty of treats!

The Monkeys said...

We love your yawn, Herman! What big healthy teeth you have!

Kea said...

That's a great yawn, Herman, you look quite vampire-ish in that photo!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

YIKES, Herman, ya almost skerred us!!!!!!!!!!!

Send us some of your cooler weather.....our a/c has been running the last couple of days.....sigh......makes for less time on the balcony.

xxxxxxxxxx

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Herman! We have missed visiting with you since mom can't get on the computer much anymore! We are glad you are still doing so well! And we think you look so cute in your picture! Mom plays that game with us too, but under a blanket not a warming mat. But we get her sometimes too - but mom's are good about that stuff and don't usually mind it. And we were not surprised to read you are a polite kitty - we have always pictured you being that way in our minds!!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Days like that, it's nice to be formerly feral, right!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have made us feel tired now Herman with that big yawn.

Noll's Nip said...

Purrfect form!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that yawn is EXACTLY what I was doing all day today!
I sure could use a nap.
Your new game with your Mom sounds like a lot of fun!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a big yawn, Herman.

A few Good Cats said...

Oh man, now we're yawning too...