Monday, November 15, 2010

Mancat Monday

I found a great sun puddle and made the most of it.  It's been cold here.  The water in the birdbath is frozen every day.  You can see my thin spots, but Mom thinks that the fur is growing in again.  I have been really active, running up and down the hall to get Mom to play with me and running from the kitchen to the living room to get her to give me a treat.  Mom found some great new treats for me.  They are Goodlife Catnip treats.  I love them.  I even got Mom to play with me in the living room in the dark.  I ran down the hall to her room to get her attention, then ran back into the living room to show that I wanted to play.  Mom came in and I pounced her feet.  She couldn't see too well, so she rolled me a crinkle ball, so she could hear where I batted it.  It took her a long time to find it, so she decided to use my big flashy ball instead.  We had a lot of fun with it.

Karen Jo:  I will have to remember that you really enjoy playing with your flashy balls in the dark.  I hope I can find another one of the big flashy balls when its battery runs out.

Mom has been being lazy and not blogging for me, but she will be sure to blog tomorrow.  It's my Gotcha Day!  I am getting excited.  Mom ordered a present for me, but she won't tell me what it is.  She has been putting weird stuff on my head, like mousies or my octopus, and says that she is just practicing.  I am not sure I like the sound of this.  I hope it doesn't have anything to do with my Gotcha Day present.

Karen Jo: I promise you that your Gotcha Day present doesn't go on your head, but something else will, I hope, at least for a little while.  It's not laziness, Herman, but tiredness.  When I find myself falling asleep over the keyboard, I go to bed instead of blogging.  Work has been crazy lately.  I hope your Gotcha Day present arrives in time.  Would you like to have a party?

Oh, yes, I want to have a big party, with lots of food and drinks and nip and toys and everything.

Karen Jo:  We will have a party, then, and everyone is invited.

19 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

That sun puddle looks like the purrfect napping spot!! We can't wait to see your Gotcha Day present.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I hope you have a BIG party, Herman! Don't worry about your human, we really don't need her around to chaperone! We promise to be good kitties. ;-)

AFSS said...

Oh Herman I am so glad you think I am pretty. I thinks you are a very handsome mancat. I will try to come by for your Gotcha Day party tomorrow. I hopes you have a very happy Gotcha Day and you like the mysterious present your Mom got you. ~Artemisia

Hannah and Lucy said...

We have written your birthday on our calendar and we will have to tell mum not to wait up tomorrow evening cos we are going to Herman's birthday party.

The Monkeys said...

We think you need to have a huge party, Herman! We remember when you were gotcha'd and we can't wait to celebrate with you!

Anonymous said...

sign us up for the pawty! hmm this GD prezzie sounds suspishus...

The Island Cats said...

Herman, that sunpuddle looks great!! We can't wait for your Gotcha Day party and what your gift is!!

Kea said...

This present sounds suspicious to us too! Hmmm, guess we'll have to wait and see!

We're looking forward to your party!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I love laying in my sun puddle too!
I am sooo excited for you for your "Gotcha Day" party! I am sure you will get lots and lots of fun things!
May I come to your party? I would love to!
Love, Cody

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Playing in the dark! How fun. Angel does that a lot! We will be back for your party!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope you get that big party! Parties are always the best!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hi Herman!
We are glad to hear you've been playing alot and having fun with your toys. We feel bad for your Mom, it sounds like her job is really tiring her out.
We will be sure to come by your party tomorrow. IT'S always good to celebrate Gotcha Days!

purrin
xoxoxo
Abby

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, we can't wait until tomorrow to see the mystery gift,
and come over and play and celebrate!

We think you might even get a peck on the whiskers from a certain petite LadyCat named Artemisia...we don't wanna miss it.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh Herman, I can't wait to see too! Gotcha Days are so much fun, everyone should have them!

Bengal Duo ~ Zulu and Deene said...

<3 sun!

purrs2u =^_^=

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We like the crinkle ball in the dark idea.

We will sure be there at your party!!!

Tigger said...

So glad to hear you are feeling well and having fun!

Cory said...

How exciting! Presents...surprises! Gotcha Days are the best!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Herman!!!!