Saturday, November 6, 2010

Caturday

Sometimes I like to relax next to my scratching post.  You can see that I have been giving it a workout.  Mom is a bit upset about something.  I'll let her tell you about it.

Karen Jo:  I am really disgusted.  I set aside several hours for the Blogblast for Peace, to get globes for me and Herman ready and I had my limerick all written.  When I turned on the computer, I discover that my ISP was down and it stayed down the whole night.  Of all the times to lose the internet, it had to be then.

Other than that, things are going well.  Mom hasn't heard from the people with the girl kitty yet, but she will call them on Tuesday if she doesn't hear from them first.  I found a fly on the floor and gave it a real workout before it flew away.

Karen Jo:  You really batted it around.  I was surprised that it wasn't too dizzy to fly.

Mom cooked the lamb roast and guess what?  I liked it.  I ate every little bite that Mom gave me.

Karen Jo:  I liked it, too, though it was very bony.  I got the shoulder roast because I hadn't ever tried that cut before.  I think I will go back to the leg from now on.

I found a new way to get attention.  If Mom is on the computer and I want to be petted, I go under her computer chair, then stick my claws in her ankle.

Karen Jo: I don't mind petting you at all, Herman, but you are really hard to reach when you are under my chair. Why don't you just jump up in the rocking chair right next to the computer chair, where you are much easier to reach?

It's more fun to make you work at it.  Mom tried to get me to watch the ravens while they ate my leftover food, but I wasn't interested.

Karen Jo:  I like to watch them eat your food.  They hop around and sometimes do a little dance, where they walk up to the food, then hop backwards, then go forwards again and take a little bite, then hop back again.  I find them very entertaining.

17 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I think making your human work to pet you is a great idea, Herman! I call it value-added petting.

Jacqueline said...

You are a silly boy, Herman!...We're glad you are happy and doing so well...Have a fun weekend, sweetie...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Fr. Tom Fish said...

There's a bird feeder off the kitchen and I like to watch the birds there, too. Not only do they do a dance, they even take a bow, honestly!

Herman, don't stick your claws into your Mom's ankles. That's not nice. What I do is jump right up and block the screen! Much more attention-getting.

Love your conversations, Herman and your Mom..

Have a good weekend!

xoxoTom

SeaThreePeeO said...

We're sorry that the ISP was down at the worst possible time. Mum always schedules those sorts of posts.

Those ravens sound very entertaining.

Angel Simba said...

Sorry your ISP was down. We would still love to see your globes and peace post, even if it is a couple of days late. Peace is needed every day, as well as inspiration for it.

That lamb sounds yummy!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Sounds like a nice meal you had Herman!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Pets and sctitches are so much better it Mom has to work for them!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I often make my human work to pet me, but only when I am put out with her.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy Caturday Herman and Karen Jo.

Miles and I love digging our claws into everything, but personally, I do like mom's legs the best!

bonks happy snappy week-end

Katnip Lounge said...

We agree with Simba! Post your Peace Globe! It is a bummer you didn't get to visit around, though.

Herman, we like to walk under Daddy's legs and tickle his kneebows with our tails...gets him every time! We might have to try the ankle thing...sounds like fun.

Noll's Nip said...

Hi...sorry your ISP was down and it ruined your plans to post. Would love to see it later than never :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
We love hearing you enjoying life so much these days,and it makes your Mom's heart sing too.
Oh we are sorry about the ISP being down. My Mom waited until the night vbefore to try and work on our globe and since she has a new computer with WIN7, Paint is different and she couldn't figure out how to put our picture in it. She tried for several hours and got frustrated. She ended up with only using our quote.

*raspberry*
She said at least she got one up.
But we weren't happy with her.

purrin
xoxox
Abby

Brian's Home Blog said...

I agree Herman, you should post your peace globe anyways, it's never too late for peace. Hey, looking good Herman!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We have our SPECIAL blogs posted a few days ahead (so they will show up an so we wont forget cuz we DO otherwise).

Ooh, what does the possible kittymate look like?

The Island Cats said...

We think you can still post your peace globes. We would love to see them. And Mimi said on Facebook that it's never to late to fly them!!

Glad you are doing well, Herman. And how nice you liked your lamb!

Unknown said...

HERMAN! you won the tuxedo category over at the halloween contest!!! Please contact your sponsor- Tuxedo Gang for prize info! and thanks for participating and concats!!!!

-hansel

Annelisa said...

Yes, please, Herman...please post your Peaceglobe and lymerick...I for one would love to see it up! (as said above...Mimi says it's never too late to fly a Peaceglobe! :-D )

Wishing you peace, harmony and happiness x