Thursday, November 4, 2010

Just Hanging Around

I'm just relaxing next to my toy basket.  I was all stretched out in a sun puddle, showing off my floof, but just as Mom got down on the floor with the camera, the phone rang.  Of course I had to get up and help her answer the phone.  Mom didn't blog for me yesterday like she said she would.

Karen Jo:  Sorry, Herman, I got all wrapped up in watching the election returns, then I went to bed.

I have been doing a lot of running up and down the hall and through the living room.  I feel so good I just have to do something.  I found out that I can jump up on the kitchen sink and look out the window.  There are little birdies in the bush right by that window sometimes.  I meow and meow at them to come in, but they never do.

Karen Jo:  They can't get in through the window, Herman, any more that you can get out.

That's too bad.  I have been playing with Mom quite a bit, too.  I am mostly a good boy about taking my medicine, but Mom is giving me the really nasty stuff again.  I let her know how I feel about it.  I stuck my claw right in her finger and made the blood come out.

Karen Jo:  You are halfway through this month's dosage now.  Just a few more days and you won't have to take it again for three weeks.

That's a relief.  I got all fresh litter today.  I like new litter day.  My dry food bowls are getting low and Mom isn't refilling them.

Karen Jo:  I am going to dump all the left over dry food tomorrow and give you all fresh. The ravens are really going to have a feast.  You should watch them.

I don't like watching those big birds as much as I like watching the little ones.  Have you gotten my Gotcha Day presents yet?

Karen Jo:  Not yet.  I will put in the order tomorrow.  I got some interesting news today.  How would you like a little sister?

I'm not sure.

Karen Jo:  There is a three-month old kitty girl with feline leukemia being fostered nearby who really needs a home.  I am seriously thinking about giving her a try.  You are very secure and healthy now, so it shouldn't stress you out too much.

What if I don't like her?

Karen Jo:  I can take her in provisionally.  If things don't work out, I can give her back.

15 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I hope you give the kitty a chance, Herman! What have you got to lose - you could have a totally cool new pal to hang out and watch birdies with!

Kea said...

Herman, a sister! You know, that could be a good thing--you'd have someone for company, perhaps wouldn't rely on your mom quite so much for your entertainment. (That's the theory anyway, but it didn't quite work out that way in our house. Now we just have 3 kitties who all rely on mom for entertainment. MOL!)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I think that would be wonderful for you to have a sister!!

If you get one I agree with Sparkle, please give her a chance, please don't take her back!

Tell your Momma to put perfume on both of you (and her, the same perfume) and you will be furrrriends instantly!
Love, Cody

SuziQCat said...

A new sister would be lots of fun Herman!! Your mom has such a big heart to adopt those with special medical needs...

Brian's Home Blog said...

I can vouch for the sister thing, remember I have 4 sisters Herman and they are great! Oh, don't tell them I said that though!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I bet you will like a girl who is a friend Herman! Good luck!

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, you sound like you are Mr. Energy these days...a sisfur might be fun to play with. Maybe you could give it a try.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Herman
Give the little girl a chance, she sounds like she needs one.
We will purr

purrin
xoxox
Abby

SeaThreePeeO said...

A sister? How wonderful! You can blame stuff on her

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Herman! Ya are RUNNIN around AND ya got a cool toybox with holes ya can pull stuff out?

Doin good, boy...

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

It is so good to hear that you are running and playing! Give the sister a chance. SHe will be fun to run with!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Come on Hermie, you would enjoy having a sissie around. Maybe you could ask you mommie to give you more toy for your bucket if you would agree to this.

The Island Cats said...

Oh man, Herman, we think you'd love having a sister to play with!! Give it a try!!

Team Tabby said...

If you get a sister, then you would be - a big brother, that is cool!

Mindy, Moe, BonBon, Cookie & Mike

OKcats said...

Wow, we missed this post - our mom is bad sometimes. Work schmerk. So you might get to test drive a little sister, huh? Let me tell ya, Mr. Herman, I got to know lots of kittens when I was at the shelter. They are nuts. You have to bop them on the head a lot to keep them in line. If you can handle that, they eventually grow up into cool cats.

Your friend, Zoe