Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

 I am chillaxing on the bed, keeping Mom from making it up.
Emma:  I am chillaxing on the couch, wishing Mom would come and make Da Bird fly around.

It's supposed to be Whisker-Hump Wednesday.

Karen Jo:  I know.  I don't have any good pictures of your whisker-humps.  I will try to get some.

What's so wonderful about Wednesday, anyway?

Karen Jo:  It's the last day of my seven days in a row of work.  All I have to do is get through Wednesday, then something great happens.

What?

Karen Jo:  I'll tell you tomorrow.

Emma:  Some kitties have been sympathizing with me about getting chased by Herman.  Truth to tell, I usually enjoy it.  It's a fun game because he never catches me.  When I get tired of it, I have several hidey-holes and places I can go where Herman can't follow me.

You never chase me back any more.

Emma:  I only ever did that a couple of times, anyway.  I think it's more fun running from you.  You chased me away from the toy I was playing with this afternoon.

I wanted to play with it.

Emma:  You always want to play with whatever toy I am playing with.

If you are playing with it, then it must be fun and I want it.

Emma:  At least you don't always interrupt my play.  Sometimes you are just too lazy to bother.

I need my nap time so I can chase you some more.

Emma:  I really checked out the chicken Mom was eating to see why Herman likes it so much.  I decided that I didn't want any after all.

I think you're nuts.  The chicken is delicious and I ate a bunch of it.

Karen Jo:  I just wish that you wouldn't lick the last bite before you decide you don't want it after all.  If you just sniffed it and walked away, I could eat it.

It doesn't go to waste.  You give it to the ravens along with the cat food we don't eat.

Karen Jo:  The ravens really love your left over cat food.

Emma:  They were really making a racket about it the other day.

Karen Jo:  They sure were.  They must have been pretty hungry.

Emma:  I jumped up in the kitchen window to watch them.  I can stand in Mom's chair and look out the window.  I can get all the way up on the windowsill, but it's pretty narrow, so I would rather stand in Mom's chair.  Mom hogs it sometimes, though.

Karen Jo:  I only sit in that chair to eat my lunch.  You have it the whole rest of the time.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

We always love your back-and-forth discussions. Sounds like typical family squabbling to us! Haha!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

We love y'all!!!!!!!!

Have a most wonderful day.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I love it when I get to prevent the Woman from doing her work! That is the best!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We can't wait to here the wonderful news tomorrow!

meowmeowmans said...

We really enjoy listening in to your family conversations. :)

We wonder what tomorrow's "something great" will be?

Brian's Home Blog said...

You two always make me smile!

Marilia said...

I´m laughing!!!!! Hahahahha!

Mickey's Musings said...

Hmmmmmm!! Exciting news coming :)
You two sound like siblings!!! Just like Georgia and me!!! heehee
Purrs Tillie

The Island Cats said...

We can't wait to hear your mom's exciting news!!