Monday, August 1, 2011

Mancat Monday

I am relaxing by the scratching post and showing off my magnificent tummy.  Mom came after me with the scissors again, but this time I gave her a warning.  I touched my teeth to her hand.

 Karen Jo:  I found a little mat on your flank.  I know you don't like me messing with your backside, but I wasn't that close to it.

You were close enough.  When are you going to stop with the scissors?

Karen Jo:  When I get all the little mats out.  I remember seeing an ad for something called a mat cutter.  I think I will look into it to see if it is something you might accept better than the scissors.

I don't like the sound of it.  I hope it doesn't make noise.  At last I got some chicken with cheese.  I got four bites today.  I turned my nose up at the fifth bite.  I was full.

Karen Jo:  Being full didn't keep you from sitting there and staring at me while I ate.  That's why I offered you the fifth bite.  Then you decided you were full.

I got six treats today.  Mom will only give me three at one time.  I asked this morning and again tonight.

Karen Jo:  Three at one time is plenty.  I probably shouldn't even be giving you that many.  You are due for another weighing.

Do I have to?  I don't like going out in the PTU on wheels, especially to the vet place.

Karen Jo:  Yes, you have to.  I need to know if you are still losing weight, staying the same, or gaining.

If I am losing, do I get some more treats?

Karen Jo:  No, not until you are down to where you are supposed to be. Even then I have to be careful, to make sure you don't gain weight again.

Man, this doesn't sound good.  I love treats and want more.

Karen Jo:  If you were as active as Emma, I bet the weight would come off faster.

No cat could keep up with Emma.  She runs all over the place all the time. I get tired just watching her. She doesn't even lie still for petting.

13 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Herman, I wish you knew how good it feels to be brushed and FURminated! I love it!

meowmeowmans said...

Good luck with that mat cutter, Herman and Karen Jo. I sure hope it woks out for you guys.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh man--I think that you should get treats whenever you get a mat trimmed. That's a fair deal! Then you could get lots and lots of treats!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Herman! We understand about the mats - our brother Floyd had to have them cut out sometimes and he hated it. We are going to say that we are so glad you have to loose a bit of weight because that means you are doing good and healthy which is a very good thing! And we understand about having active sister kitties - we have them too - and our mom says some of us shoudl try to be active like that - but we are more like you - not totally crazy hyper kitties!

Marilia said...

Herman, your tummy is very cute and you are so gourgeous!!! Kisses!!!

The Island Cats said...

I hope you have lost a little weight, Herman. My mom says I gotta lose some too.

Wally

Motor Home Cats said...

Miss Karen Jo, Mom heard somewhere that a seam ripper can help cut out mats without the noise of scissors. If you have one, you might try that before spending money on a mat cutter.

Herman - we hope you have lost weight so you do get more treats.

Cody and Gracie

Cat Mom said...

Hi guys!! I have a kitty who had zillions of mats on his backside because he is REALLY chunky and can't get that far back for grooming. Cutting the mats out with scissors was torture for both of us. Then I got a mat cutter, and was able to get out every one on my 1st try, and it only took about 15 min, most of which was me trying to become familiar with the tool. I can't speak highly enough for mat cutters - although they do work best with small mats. With big ones, I clip it down and vertically with scissors before using the cutter. They are a great investment, and I will never use the scissors again unless I absolutely have to.

Anonymous said...

It's just much more fun to lie around and eat treats than to run all time like Emma huh, Herman? We hope the weighing goes well for you and you can keep getting your treats. Hugs and nose kisses

Ellen Whyte said...

Mats must be really pesky. You are lucky to have a mummy who polices them.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Sometimes we get food from TBT's plate up on the TV tray. We never knew he ate the same stuff we do! Kibble!

[TBT: Are they gone? OK. So I keep some kibble on the tray. They love it better when they think it is my food too. Keep that in mind, Karen]. LOL!

Christine and FAZ said...

Looking gorgeous (mat or no mat) FAZ

meemsnyc said...

Looking handsome!

PS, we are having a contest giveaway of a bag of natural pet food. Today is the last day to enter! http://ilovecatnip.blogspot.com/2011/08/enter-for-chance-to-win-bag-of-innova.html