Monday, August 29, 2011

Mancat Monday

I am almost snoozing near the kitchen.  Mom has been eating chicken again and she is sharing with me.  I love it.  Mom says that after she finishes her seven days of work in a row, she is going to get something really nice.  She isn't saying what it is, but something is making her very happy.

Karen Jo:  That's right.  You will find out all about it in Thursday's post. You have been chasing Emma around quite a bit lately.

The weather has cooled off considerably and that makes me frisky.  What better way to use up that extra energy than chasing Emma?

Karen Jo:  How about letting me work on your mats?

That's not fun in any way.

Karen Jo:  I am really afraid that you are going to have to go in for a shave.  I am ordering a mat cutter to see if that will work, but if it doesn't, or you won't let me use it on you, shaving is all that's left.

It's cooling off.  I'll freeze.

Karen Jo:  You have a nice warm bed right by the heat vent.  If it gets cold, you can be all snuggly there.  You know that the mat on your flank is getting uncomfortable for you.

Yeah, I know.  I don't like for you to touch it.  How come I have to get these darn mats anyway?

Karen Jo:  You have very thick, long fur.  When the undercoat sheds, it gets caught in the outer coat and mats.  You don't groom yourself much, so it builds up.  You walk or run away from brushing and furminating, so I can't help you all that much.  I'll look into getting you a better brush than your slicker brush that will be more comfortable for you than the furminator to try to keep things under control better.

I hope that works.  I used to enjoy my slicker brush, until it started getting caught in the mats and pulling.

Karen Jo:  I will have to be more careful in brushing you, then maybe you will enjoy it again.

When am I going to get some new toys?  I haven't gotten anything new in a long time.

Karen Jo:  You don't need any more toys, really.  You don't play will all you have now.

That's because they are all old and boring.  I want something new.

Karen Jo:  I will look around to see if there is anything you don't have already.

You took away the kitten food.  That was mean.

Karen Jo:  You need to lose some weight and the kitten food is high in calories.  You are doing fine with the duck and pea and the weight control formula.

I don't like that weight control formula all that much and Emma won't touch it at all.  Why don't you take that away and give us something good?

Karen Jo:  Because you need to lose weight. After the weight comes off, maybe I can get you another flavor of the Now.

The way things are going, that will take forever.

Karen Jo:  Run up and down the hall some more.  That will help.

That's no fun unless I am chasing Emma.

14 comments:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Dude, I feel your pain. My beloved kitten food was taken away, and even worse than that it's only put out for the KITTEN to eat!! Can you believe it? What's he done to deserve kitten food??

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

With a coat like Herman's, sometimes a wide-tooth metal comb is better to use than a slicker brush. My human used to have a couple of metal combs of different widths for the cat before me. They are better at getting out small mats (although probably not the type of mats Herman has already developed). If you wind up having to shave him, you may want to start over with the combs as his hair grows out. Maybe it will help keep his coat in better order.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

we have been doing a lot of chasing here too. Sorry about the matts Herman. Arty gets them sometimes but not very badly and she lets Mommy cut them off.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Herman, we love your mom's comment, "Run up and down the hall some more." LOL.

Our mom's not sympathetic to your possible shaving, since Chumley used to be shaved a few times a year. He didn't freeze either. :-P

BTW, our mom says to tell your mom to take some of your old toys (presumably small) and put them in a large jar or tin with dried catnip. Then, after a while, you'll have a "new" toy!

Hannah and Lucy said...

It sounds as though your mom is going to make sure you run about chasing Emma - how does Emma feel about that!!??
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Unknown said...

Hope you get to keep your hair...our mom cuts our mats off...

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

Brian's Home Blog said...

I understand that mats are no fun at all!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We do not like brushing or diet food, either. Good luck on losing that weight. We gained weight on diet food!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Man I don't think I'd like being on a diet. The Woman says a fat cat is just more cat to love!

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, we think you might get some lamb! That's our guess.
KonaKitty gets mats like yours and Mommy is always after her, snip, snip, snip, she needs combing every day to keep her fur in order.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

If you haf to get your furs cut, we think you'd look cute in one of those lion cuts. I understand your pain about the foods. All the good stuff is bad fur you. Happy Monday, anyways. xoxo

Ellen Whyte said...

Poor Emma, we hope those mats fall off easily with the new tool.

Marilia said...

Poor Emma!
We sending purrs to you!!!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Herman's getting shaved... Herman's getting shaved...

We're just jokin. It sounds awful. Mebbe you will get a new little pillow filled with yer own furs. What could be more comfy than that?