Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Frolics

 Spyro:  I moved while Mom was taking today's picture, so here is a slightly older one of me in Mom's desk chair.  See her desk behind me will all the mail piled up on it?  That was what Mom had waiting for her when her ribs started feeling better.  It doesn't look like that now.

Karen Jo:  I have a new schedule while my ribs finish healing.  I get up fairly early in the morning, feed the kitties, get dressed, check my email, read and put out the snail mail, clean up the kitchen, water and scoop the kitties, pick up the old kitty toys and put out different ones and do one housecleaning job.  If I have time left over before dinner, I blog and visit.  After dinner, I lie down and watch TV or read until time to feed the kitties, then do more of the same until bedtime.  This way I spend 12-13 hours in bed, resting my ribs.  If I have to go out during the day grocery shopping or visiting with friends, it plays havoc with my blogging time.  I don't always stick to the schedule, either, like tonight.  I went over to a friend's house during blogging time, so I am blogging during TV time.  There is nothing on that I want to watch, anyway, and just sitting up doesn't seem to put any strain on my ribs.
 Oja:  This is my new favorite chair.  It's Mom's computer desk chair.  I love it, but I get in trouble if I stretch or scratch on it.  I don't know why.  Mom doesn't care about any of the other chairs.

Karen Jo:  I care about my computer desk chair because it is brand new.  You kitties have two scratching posts, three cardboard scratchers and all the rest of the furniture in the house to scratch on.
 Austin:  I am eating my Hill's Science Diet.  When we came as foster kitties this bag of food came with us.  I am the only kitty who likes it, though, and as soon as we are officially adopted it will disappear.  I don't know what I will eat then.

Karen Jo:  You will have your choice of Now! senior weight management food, Now! kitten food or Go! adult food, which I will buy when I have to stop using the Hill's.  If I don't see you chowing down on any of those, I will get you some more Hill's, but the Now! and Go! are better for you.
Rocio:  Oja likes me!  Oja likes me!

Oja:  Do not!

Rocio: Do, too!  Last night when Mom was lying on the bed watching TV, Oja got all comfy lying next to her.  When I was sure that Oja was too comfy to want to move, I jumped up on Mom's thighs, with my head on her tummy, just within petting range.  Oja didn't even twitch.  After a little while, I crept up a little farther on Mom and put my head on her chest.  Mom has such nice pillows on her chest.  Not a peep out of Oja, though now we are lying side by side, only inches from each other.  Then I slowly slid my backside over toward Oja, so that my side was almost touching Oja's head.  She began grooming me and didn't growl at all.  She likes me!

Oja:  I was not grooming you; I was only tasting your fur.  I didn't do it much at all, anyway.  And I growled at you this afternoon.

Rocio:  You should have been growling at Spyro.  He was the one on the vanity above you, getting ready to pounce.

Spyro:  I was not either going to pounce.

Oja:  I saw him and got out of the way before he could, anyway.

Karen Jo:  Life is never dull around here.  Oja is getting more and more tolerant of both boycats.  She reached out a paw and touched Austin's side today as they were passing each other in the hall.  At first I thought she was going to whap him, but she only touched him.  I just wish the boys' adoption papers would get here.

11 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Tee hee! Oja, you make us laugh ... tasting Rocio's furs! ;)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We think mail is fun! Sometimes the envelopes smell good and we chew them until TBT takes them away.

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

How many people think I'm a boy?? I'm a girl! There's a girl character on Scandal with my name, and there was Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. And a girl Quinn on Glee.
I'm not mad. I'm just confused. Should I be saying that on my blog somewhere??
Do you know any boy Quinns who would let their mommy call them Quinnie Quinn Quinn and not attack her??
Inquiring kitty needs to know.
QUINN
girl cat

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oja, you just want to keep the boys on their toes!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Sounds as exciting as our house! More kittehz = more fun. (Mommy says it = more work, but she exaggerates.)

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Hee hee, you guys are having lots of fun!

Fur Everywhere said...

We haven't visited in a little bit so please forgive us for not knowing...how did you hurt your ribs, Karen Jo? We hope they are healing nicely.

Are you going to adopt the boys? They are so cute!!

We will definitely come by more often; we miss stuffs if we don't :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

Well done Oja - you'll soon have those silly boys under your paw.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Marg said...

Oh your house sounds just like ours. We argue all the time and whap each other every chance we get. Glad Oja is getting a little more tolerant of the boys. Take care.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think you all doing lots of things!!!! lol!!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh yea, not dull at all there! Hope the ribs are all better really soon!