Saturday, March 9, 2013

Caturday

 Oja: The vet visit went fine.  I was just weighed and got my chest felt.  I lost two pounds since December 1st!  I am down to 11.7 pounds.  The vet lady said that I should weigh 9-10 pounds, so I only have one more pound to go, then no more diet for me.  Mom decided not to stay in bed all day today after all, so we should be able to do some visiting, which we haven't been doing for such a long time.

Karen Jo:  Mom is getting thoroughly sick of bed.  I went to bed right after supper last night and got restless almost immediately.  I made myself stay there, though and got lots of rest for my ribs.  The news from my doctor was worse than I was expecting.  I fractured four, maybe five, ribs but there was only a tiny bit of displacement, so no treatment other than bed rest was necessary.  I get to have them x-rayed again in a couple of weeks.  I am going to try staying up and using the computer, but no housework and see how I do. If I start aching, it's back to bed.

Oja:  I wouldn't care if you went back to bed right now.  I love cuddling with you.
 Spyro:  Mom's been taking more pictures of us than she used to, so she will be using whatever one she likes for the post.  This is over a month old, when we had sunshine.  I scared the heck out of Oja this morning.  Since Oja has lost weight, she has been going places she didn't used to go.  I have gotten used to having the area around the computer desk pretty much to myself.  I darted behind the desk and Oja gave me the "rip your ears off" yell.  I didn't even know she was back there; she never has been before.  I came tearing out from under the desk at top speed.

Oja:  Sorry about the yell.  It's a dead end back there and I had no place to go if you decided that you wanted a rumble.  I hate feeling trapped by another cat.
 Austin: I just love all this knitted stuff.  It is sooo comfy.
Rocio:  When I say that I check out ALL the napping places, I mean it.  I don't quite fit here, but I just had to try it.

Karen Jo:  I have seen other kitties sit in that little box, but you are the very first one to nap there.  All the kitties have been having a great time.  Oja hardly hisses at any cat now.  All three boys rassle with each other and Oja rassles with Spyro.  Austin tried to start a rasslin' match with Oja this morning, but she growled at him and he backed off.  When I put Oja in her PTU, all the other kitties acted very concerned.  Rocio pulled at the bars to get her out; Spyro purred at her and Austin tried to make a game of it by playing footsie between the bars.  Oja didn't like that last move at all.  I think Rocio licked Oja's head last night, but Oja trotted away from him so quickly that I couldn't be sure.

Spyro:  I really like the computer room.  I jump up and help Mom with the computer all the time.

Karen Jo: I have discovered one tiny drawback to having a nice big computer desk with room for everything: there is also room for kitties.  My old arrangement was so crowded that only Oja could fit in my lap and there was no room on the desk at all.  Now there is room for any of the kitties to walk all around the desk and get between me and the monitor and walk on the keyboard.  I don't mind, really.  It's kind of cool to watch Spyro watch the cards when I play card games.  Oja has more room to be lap kitty while I compute and Rocio has room to be a lap kitty, too.

8 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Well done on your weight loss Oja. We are glad you are all getting on well together with just the occasional hiss.

Ivan from WMD said...

I have to comment fast before *somebody* asks about how you lost your weight, Oja! Sorry your mom's ribs are bugging again. If she's anything like my mom, I know how hard it is to get them to rest and stay still!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I sure am glad the Vet visit went well Oja! You boys sure do seem right comfy!

The Island Cats said...

We're glad your vet visit went well, Oja...and that all of you are getting along well.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oja, I think Rocio and Austin like you!

meowmeowmans said...

Good job losing that weight, Oja.

We're glad Mom Karen Jo's ribs are getting better. It's no fun being non-active, but we are glad she's taking it easy to give herself time to heal.

It sounds like you are all getting along pretty well (mostly). :)

HUGS!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Molly does that yell when any of but Shadow comes round. She isnt very social wif us and always cranky.

Anonymous said...

oh Miss Karen Jo, we had no idea you had fractured ribs!! so so sorry! And bed rest must be so frustrating because you don't actually 'feel' bad...just hurt or ache. ugh! I am so purrleased to see that Oja is doing so great! I also lost 2 pounds from my vet check a year ago. I was getting pretty fat at my former shelter; I never left my bed cubby except to eat and use the litter box; I have been in my furrever home for 14 mos now and I weighed in at 11.3 pounds. I could stand to lose another pound, but I am doing great just like Oja! paw pats, Savannah