Friday, March 8, 2013

Femme Friday

Oja:  I get the blog all to myself today.  Mom has spent much too much time going on about those boycats, anyway.  I am up on the platform getting some sun in a photo from late last month.  We didn't get any sun to speak of today.  I am still sleeping next to Mom as much as I can, but she isn't spending nearly enough time in bed for my liking.

Karen Jo:  For my ribs' liking, either, apparently.  When I got to feeling almost normal again, I started trying to catch up on the housework, a little at a time, then more and more until I overdid it.  Now I am getting the sharp pain again that had gone away.  I am spending tomorrow in bed again and maybe Sunday, too.  I have to get better again, because I have a three day conference coming up in a couple of weeks.

Oja:  The more time you spend in bed, the better I like it.  You could start by staying in bed right through my vet appointment tomorrow.

Karen Jo:  You don't get out of going to the vet that easily.  Herman's foster Mom is taking us in the morning.  It won't be bad.  You need to get weighed to see if you have lost any weight and we have to discuss what to do if you haven't.  You shouldn't need to get any embarrassing procedures done, though maybe a little feeling around your tummy.

Oja:  I don't mind you feeling and petting my tummy, but I don't want anyone else doing it.  You really are going to keep those boycats, aren't you?

Karen Jo:  Yes, I am.  I filled out their adoption papers and send them in with the check for their adoption fees.  I haven't heard back yet, so they aren't officially my forever cats yet, but it is just a matter of time.

Oja:  Rats!  I was hoping we would eventually get rid of them.

Karen Jo:  Oh, come off it.  I have seen you napping nearly together with Austin and only a foot away from Rocio.

Oja:  But they steal my food.

Karen Jo:  You are getting enough from somewhere.  You are still quite the pudgy kitty.

Oja:  It looks good on me.  I look regal.

Karen Jo:  That you do.

10 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hi Oja it was good seeing your post.That is such a lovely photo of you. We are all glad to hear you are doing well and the boys too.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi Oja, it is good to see that you got Femme Friday all to yourself with no boys in sight!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Nice to see you Oja, and I am sure you will do good with the Vet!

Katie Isabella said...

Oja, you keep posting girlfriend! And you are fluffy, not f-a-t.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oma , I think you should get your own day often! Especially since the boys are staying.

Gattina said...

Ah, poor you you have to go to the vet ? If your mom keeps the boys you won't need to go, because they steal your food and without eating you will get slim like a bee !

Fuzzy Tales said...

Hi Oja, it's great to see you! Good luck at the vet, we hope it's quick. And we hope your human's ribs healing quickly too!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Oja you are slim it's just your beautiful furs that make you looks a
little cuddly. If the vet tries to touch you we give you permission to put the bitey on him. We hope you will soon make friends with Rocio and Austin.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

wildcatwoods said...

Hope the adoptions go thru!

Thank you kindly for your comforting words of sympathy about our dear Chica.

Cats of wildcat woods

The Island Cats said...

Hi Oja! I know what it's like to live with boycats...sometimes it;'s no fun at all!

Zoey