Saturday, March 16, 2013

Caturday

Spyro:  Mom was supposed to blog about our plots for the KittIDES of March, but she disappeared in the morning and didn't come home again until nearly bedtime.

Karen Jo:  Sorry about that.  My friend asked me if I wanted to go out for a few hours and interesting things kept happening and it got later and later.  You can tell about your plots now, as there isn't much else to talk about today.

Spyro:  OK!  I always plot about how to get outside.  I don't want to run away; I just want to go to the back yard and roll in the dirt and eat grass, but Mom doesn't want me to go when I want to go, so I dream up ways of getting past her in the doorway.  I'm getting pretty good at it, too.  I got out today and Mom let me stay for a while.

Karen Jo:  The weather was warm enough for a change and I was right there watching your every move, so I let you enjoy yourself for a while.
 Oja:  This is the other chair in the computer room. I can stretch and scratch on it.  I would say I was plotting on ways to get rid of the boycats, but nobody would believe me any more.

Karen Jo:  Not since you were seen sleeping right next to Austin and grooming Rocio.  Not at the same time, but still . . .

Oja:  My main plot now is how to get more food.  Spyro and Rocio keep eating my crunchies.  Every day I jump up on the boxes next to the counter and measure with my body to see if I can jump up on the counter yet.  One of these days I will.  Then I will eat Spyro's crunchies.

Karen Jo:  I'm surprised that you don't just go into the boys' room and eat their crunchies.

Oja:  How do you know that I don't?  I don't sleep beside you all night, do I?
 Austin:  I plot on how to get all the wet food for myself.  When it is meal time, I run to our room, so I will be the first one to get the food.  Silly Rocio thinks he can get more food by trying to eat it as Mom puts it into our dishes in the kitchen, but she still brings it back here.  By the time the second dish is ready, I have eaten most of the first one and when Mom brings in the second dish and Rocio, I am waiting to make him share.  When Mom lets us out of our room after Oja finishes her meal, I run into the kitchen to see if she or Spyro left any food in their dishes and polish them clean with my tongue.
Rocio:  Austin isn't the only kitty who loves these knitted things.  I plot on how to get lots of treats.  I know how to earn them by scratching on the posts and scratchers, but I also am adept at stealing them from the other kitties.  When Mom is holding out a treat in her hand to another kitty, I dash in and grab it.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

We think you must keep your human well entertained, with all your plots. :-)

BTW, Nicki would love to join Spyro in his plot to escape. Ha.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Wow, you kitties have more plots than even my roommate Binga!

The Island Cats said...

Those are some great plots....we bet they keep your mom hopping! :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh my, plots with food, now that's exciting!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

May I make a suggestion regardin' the gettin' past your mom so that you can get outdoors when you like? Two words... invisibility cloak. purrs

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Food time gets a little hissy around here. Marley takes the 1st bowl down no matter where it is. And we fuss over the other two bowls...

Sweet Purrfections said...

Truffle always plots to get more treats!

Ellen in Oregon said...

There is a lot of tricky plotting going on at your house. I feel a little dizzy just trying to comprehend all the layers of plotting you cats have going on where the goal is more food. I haven't been this confused about who's doing what to who since the
3rd season of Lost. I suspect your mom knows more than she is letting on. Moms see all & know all!

Katnip Lounge said...

All the plots and counter-plots...it's like SPY CENTRAL at your house!