Saturday, May 21, 2011

Caturday

 I am napping on the floor.  We didn't get any sunspots today or open windows.  We are both a bit bummed out by it.  I tried out the new diet dry food.  It wasn't too bad.  I ate quite a bit of it.
Emma:  I usually nap on the big pillow, but today I just napped on this soft throw that Mom put on the table for us.  Herman says it was here when he moved in.  I haven't tried the new food yet.  Oh, I sampled the kitten food, but I don't like it as much as I liked the old kitten food.  I am just eating the Purina One dry, along with the Stinky Goodness and Medley.  Every time I hear Mom putting new dry food in a bowl, I come running, sniff the new stuff, then look at Mom reprovingly.

Karen Jo:  It almost feels like winter again.  It actually snowed yesterday.  It was too warm (in the 40s) for it to stick, but it came down.  Herman seems to like the grain free food OK, but Emma doesn't even want to taste the weight control food.  I don't know what she is going to do when the Purina One runs out.

Emma:  I like to scratch both vertically and horizontally.  I mostly like to scratch on the couch in the living room, but I also scratch on the easy chair in the living room and the couch in my room.  Herman's platform has material on it almost like the material on the couch, but I won't scratch on it.  Mom keeps trying to get me to scratch where she wants me to, but I won't do it.  My new scratcher has the same material on it around the edges and the base, but I won't scratch on it, either.

Karen Jo:  I will keep on trying.  Luckily, you have small claws and they don't seem to be doing much damage.  All the furniture is quite old, so I don't really care all that much.

I actually played with Da Bird for a little bit tonight.  I still don't see what makes Emma so crazy about it, but it is kind of fun to bat around.

Emma:  I played with it for a long time tonight.  It's my very favorite toy.  I think Mom may have to get a new bird for it soon.  I have pulled out all but two of the feathers and those two are looking pretty scraggly.

Karen Jo:  I will get a new bird for Da Bird the next time I am at the pet supply store, or when the feathers finally give out.  I wouldn't want you to miss out on play time with your favorite toy.  You kitties have been coming to bed kind of late the last few nights.

You have been going to bed earlier.  I came in at my usual time and you were already asleep, so I missed out on my petting time.

Karen Jo:  Sorry about that.  I had a lot of work to do yesterday and I got so tired that I needed to go to bed.

Emma:  You made me miss out of Femme Friday.  Pout.

Karen Jo:  If it's all right with Herman, I can let you have Sunday.

I don't mind.

12 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Snow? In May? YIKES!

We love DaBird too!! Mom needs to get ours out and let us play with it!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Emma, you are a read hard case with the scratching! I wonder if you are going to be as bad with the food. You must be taking Diva lessons from me.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are both rather picky with our food too Emma - we'll have to form a "picky eater club"!! Perhaps Herman can teach you to be more adventurous and try new foods.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

Naps are very, very impawtant, so I'll take one right now to help you out! Y'all have a great weekend!!!

Athena said...

Wow, you really love Da Bird! Maybe I should get my mama to get me one.

Admiral Hestorb said...

I love my Da Bird too, Emma and Herman.
xoxo

Jacqueline said...

Happy dreams, sweeties and have a fun weekend playing with Da Bird=a new one with more fevvers will be even more fun!...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Katnip Lounge said...

Emma, we think you are soo cool with the scratching. Remember, it's ART! We're working on a corner of a leather chair right now.
Good luck with the new foods...we have enough competition around here that no Cat can afford to be picky.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It is not right that it should get cold again--just as you were enjoying the windows!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Gettin used ta new foods is hard. When I got switched from my accustomed Meow Mix to the Eukanuba kibble, TBT mixed a small amount of the Eukanuba at first, with more and more each few days. I hardly noticed the change.

Marley

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE hope you both get use to the new food! WE know how hard it is to adjust!

The Island Cats said...

Da Bird is one of our favorite toys!! We wish we could come over and play Da Bird with you!!