Thursday, December 2, 2010

Not Enough Treats

Mom didn't take a picture of me today, so here's another shot of me checking out the nip on my ham-mick.  At least Mom hopes that it's the other shot.  The two pictures are so much alike that she couldn't tell which one she had used already.  Mom finished off the turkey today.

Karen Jo:  You were meowing at me the whole time the turkey was warming up, but when it was ready, you only took two little bites before walking away.

It smelled better than it tasted.  Besides, I had just had my elevenses.  What's next on the menu?

Karen Jo:  Pot roast.

Yuck!  I don't like pot roast at all.  When are you going to cook something that I like?

Karen Jo:  I might be able to work in a steak soon.

That's more like it.  Mom did find my nip ball.  She always manages to find it.  Once it took her a couple of days, but she found it.  Mom isn't giving me all the treats I want.

Karen Jo:  I got you to scratch on your platform instead of the couch by giving you a treat every time you scratched the platform.  Lately you have been really overdoing it.  You will scratch a little, then look at me, eat your treat, then scratch again.  Every time I pick up my coat, you race to your platform and start scratching.  The other day I was a couple of minutes late for work because of all the scratching and eating you were doing.  So now I will only give you up to four treats before I leave for work or when I am busy getting ready for work.  You can still have all you want when I get home or when I have a day off.

That's not fair.  I am supposed to get a treat every time I scratch.  Maybe you should just put all the treats in a bowl on the floor and let me help myself.

Karen Jo:  I can just see the results of that.  You would probably eat so many that you would barf them all up again.

I haven't barfed up any treats yet, even when you give me as many as I ask for.

Karen Jo:  You still are not getting your treats in a bowl on the floor.

Rats!

16 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oh Herman, you need to work harder at training your human! You will know you have gotten it right when she leaves that bowl of treats on the floor.

Angel Simba said...

You are clearly one very smart kitty, Herman. Love your conversations! And your hamm-mick!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Oh dear Herman. Time to start biting some ankles we thinks

Meowers from Missouri said...

you are such a clever kitteh, herman. we loves to read yer antiphonal posts wif yer mom!! an' we are furry thankful that you likes yer interferon, acause that means we kin enjoy yer furriendship much, much longer!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow--there are people who leave bowls full of treats on the floor?

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Hey, Handsome Herman!!!!!!!!! We hope ya knows we luvsya!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky to have that ham-mick......we saw one on our auction recently, and now we each want one....mama says she would love to get us each one, but she's not sure where we would put them, as this place is smaller than our other one....but at least it's safer!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxx

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I have to say Herman, I give you an "A" for effort!

You really tried!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Herman, we gets nip on a plate and bowl on da floor so we fink treats shud go there too, just like yoo wants.

Molly
Shadow
Trooder
Mooch

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

At least you tried, Herman!

3 kats and a kwiltr said...

Nice try, Herman, but I think your mom is on to you...but those treats are excellent!
Sending purrs and snuggles,
Taz, Runt, Charles and mommy, Anna, in Illinois

Brian's Home Blog said...

You almost had her talked into it Herman!

OKcats said...

Haha, Mr. Herman - I like how you think! You are very lucky to get treats when you do good things. Our 'reward' is to not get yelled at!

SuziQCat said...

Herman you can't blame a cat for trying...we were really going for the bowl of cat treats too!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I like how you discuss everything with your mom, Herman - it makes her feel useful, I think. Even though, I know you are in charge. Never ever bonkbonk forget that

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
I'm with you. YOU know exactly how many treats works best for you. I do too. I make Mom give me my treats when we sit together in the evening.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We love the pic of you in the sunpuddle!