Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuxie Tuesday

I really enjoy my ham-mick.  Mom set it up in the biggest sun puddle we get in the living room.  Every afternoon that we have some sun, you can find me in it.  I got so comfy in it today that I didn't even get up to ask Mom for my treats before she went to work. She just gave me some head pets and told me that she would be back later.  I purred a little, then settled down for a nap.  I made up for missing my goodbye treats when she got home.  I got lots and lots of treats then.  Mom keeps going out the door and coming back in every few minutes.  I don't get it.  Usually she comes home and closes the door and stays in.

Karen Jo:  I am going out to see the total eclipse of the moon.  I have a really good view of it from the driveway.

I got a whole bunch of roast beef for lunch today.  I sat there on the floor and stared at Mom and she kept giving me little bites as she ate.  Unfortunately it's getting rather small now.  What's next on the menu, Mom?

Karen Jo:  Mexican food.

May I have some of that?

Karen Jo:  No, Herman.  It would make flames shoot out your butt.

That doesn't sound good.  Are you going to cook something good soon?

Karen Jo:  We will have chicken the day after tomorrow.

That's more like it.  I got a really good petting session last night.  Mom went to bed, but wasn't as sleepy as usual.  She petted me for quite a long while before she went to sleep.  I love to roll over on my back and let her pet my chest.  I even let her pet my tummy a little bit.  I do let Mom brush me enough to keep the mats away.  I got spot shaved last winter, more than once, and I don't like it.  My fur is healthier this year and I seem less prone to mats.

22 comments:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Herman, every time I hear you having lots of noms or asking your mummy for food I'm so happy.

You and your mummy are so lucky to have found each other :)

The Chair Speaks said...

We love your hammock bed, Herman.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Bet you love your chicken - hope you can have some more soon.

Your hammock bed is the second one we have seen this week - it sure looks comfy - enjoy.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Monkeys said...

You look so happy on your ham-mick, Herman! We should get one of those!

The Florida Furkids said...

We like our ham-micks too! Roast beef sounds good to us. Our Mom was too lazy to get up to see the Moon.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

"flames shoot out your butt"...too funny!

My Mom didn't stay up to watch the eclipse cause it was very cloudy here in Michigan. She decided that sleep was more important (what a wuss)...

Love your "hammick!"
Have a wonderful holiday!
Cody

Forty Paws said...

Looks like a great place to get the sun puddles Herman!

Our Maw and Paw watched the eclipse last night. We were wondering why they kept going in and out also. Weird, huh?

Luf, Us

Angel Simba said...

Herman, your Hammick looks wonderful. Even if it iS pink. You are so manly that you look good on pink too.

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, butt flames sound terrible. You might set your hammock in fire! We like the corn chip and sour cream part if mexican food night, and some of us eat tortillas, too!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Handsome Herman, we love you and your mom very much.....we are so thankful you have each other, and also that you are our friends.

We purray you will have a wonderful Christmas, and the best year ever in 2011.

xxxxxxx

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

My human likes Mexican food a lot - she needs to stop eating that and choosing more kitty-friendly fare.

We did not have the eclipse here... well, actually we did, but it was hidden by cloud cover and rain all night.

Gattina said...

Herman I am happy to see you in such a good shape, it's quiet a while I haven't visited you ! You are a good cat that you let your mom brush you ! I have to go to a lady groomer to get the knots out of Kim's fur, she runs away when she only sees a brush !

Boo said...

Hey Herman (:
Hehe we see you have a taste for mexican food? Boo & Luka are always trying to eat all our food!

My siamese cat really loved chinese food she always used to steal the peas and rice from us.

Purrss

The Island Cats said...

Herman, you look good in that ham-mick! It is comfy, isn't it??

Our mom won't give us any Mexican foods either...

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure look handsome there Mr. Herman!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

A ham-mick in teh sun. What more could you ask for

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We keep askin TBT fer one of those hammicks. He keeps saying he sees just how ta make them but we never get one. We figured it out. He's got a pile of PVC tubes in the basement an never uses then. Hes afraid of them...

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh, we meant ta mention about Mexican foods. It makes flames shoot out of TBTs butt too. An iffen it does THAT ta him (an he uses spices), it would make US explode entirely. So dont try anny of that stuff.

OKcats said...

Herman, we're so glad to hear you're doing so well this year! We bet this is going to be one great Christmas for you and Karen Jo! We're going to pester our mom to make us some roast beef, if she can figure out how to cook it!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
That ham-mick looks just purrfect for you. I bet you do enjoy the sunbeams lying in it.
We are so happy to hear how well you are doing!

purrin
xoxoxo

meowmeowmans said...

That hammick sure looks comfy, Herman. And it sounds like your mom set it up just right in that sun puddle!

Glad to hear you are continuing to eat so well, buddy. And yes, stay away from that Mexican food. Flames will definitely shoot out of your butt. MOL

Happy holidays to you and your mom!

caspersmom said...

Boy that sure is nice ham-mick Herman. You look so comfy on it. We couldn't watch the eclipse because it was raining here. I think it was the last eclipse we could see here that Mom went to a church function and on the way home she got to wondering, what the heck happened to the moonlight. She stopped the car, got out and looked at the sky, the moon was in full eclipse. She had forgotten about it. She sat in the car watching it for awhile. That's when we lived out in the boonies.

I like it to when Mom pets me when I'm laying against her before she goes to sleep.

Casper