Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Loot

 Just look at all the stuff that was in my Christmas stocking!  Toys, new catnip and lots of treats.  I am a very happy kitty.
When Mom got the toys out of the little plastic stocking the were in, I grabbed the catnip candy cane.  I had a really good time with it.  Then Mom gave me some treats and spread some of the catnip around for me to enjoy.  We had chicken for lunch and I ate quite a few little bites.  Then do you know what Mom did?  She deserted me!

Karen Jo:  I went down to my brother's for Christmas afternoon and dinner.  I spent the night and came back Sunday afternoon.

You sure didn't stay long.

Karen Jo:  I had to go to work.  I tried to make some of it up to you by feeding you lots and lots of treats when I got home.

I liked the treats, but you cheated on me.  You smelled like another cat when you came home and the new toy you gave me Sunday smelled like another cat, too.

Karen Jo:  That was my brother's cat, Dodger.  I have actually known him longer than I have known you.  When I opened your present from my nephew, Dodger wanted to inspect it.  Then he rubbed his scent all over it.  I think he wanted it, but I saved it for you.

At least you left me lots of food before you left.  I ate quite a bit of it, too.

Karen Jo:  That you did.  You ate quite a bit while I was at work, too.  Maybe I should only feed you once a day.

Noooo!  You can't do that all the time.  I need new food at least three times a day.

18 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You tell your human, Herman! You are the one who knows the best how you should be fed!

Kea said...

Herman, we see that Santa was good to you!

Humans...they often smell like other cats, often cheat. Huh. At least they come home to *us*!

We're glad you had a good Christmas!

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Herman! You musta been really good to get all that stuff!! We're glad you had a good Christmas even if your mom left you for a little while.

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

YAY......what a haul, Herman!!!!!!!!!!

Why do our humans sometimes cheat on us???????? But at least they always come home to us....and make sure we're cared for while they're gone.

We love you both.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You know, Herman, your mom just missed you so much that she had to get her Herman fix from Dodger. But we are sure she will tell you that snuggling with you is much better.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Looks like you had a good visit from Santa!
Happy Mancat Monday to you!
~ Timothy

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It sounds like you had a pretty good Christmas Herman! Always a good thing! Enjoy your candy cane!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You had a great Christmas, Herman

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That was great presents in your stocking Herman.

OKcats said...

Those are nice pressies, Herman! Our mom abandoned us for TWO nights. But we didn't punish her when she came back. She didn't smell like another cat because the only cats at her mom's house are the ferals she takes care of, and they run for their lives when they see anyone BUT her mom. It makes our mom mad! haha

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, our Mommy cheats on us too...it's because she loves kitties so much she can't resist. So you know you've got a great kitty-loving Mom!
Gosh, we wish WE got fed three times a day, or even better, on demand. We can be pretty demanding.

The Crew said...

Well, you certainly set her straight!

3 kats and a kwiltr said...

Wow! what a great stocking full of goodies! Our mommy abandoned us, not once but twice on Christmas Day. Both times, she was with her family. We did get good eats, so we forgave her.
So, in case we don't get back before New Year's, we look forward to seeing you next year.
Good Health, Good Treats, Good God, Let's eat!
Taz, Runt, Charles and mommy, Anna, in IL

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
We are so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful Christmas. That sure is a lovely picture of you.

purrin
xoxox

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Herman! It sounds like you had a pretty good Christmas, even if your mom did abandon you. We think it was ok the other cat rubbed on your toy - maybe he was trying to introduce himself to you - we do that sometimes with the toys our mom gets for our cousins - maybe he did that same thing. And it is great you got so many yummy treats!! We just hope you don't go down to one meal a day!!

The Devil Dog said...

Looks like you got quite a haul from Santa. Nice job!

Roxy

Ann Dziemianowicz said...

Wow you got lots of nice giftees! It looks like you had a happy holiday! :)

Anita said...

A lot of treats!!! Muahahaha!