Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whiskerhump Wednesday

Mom finally got a decent picture of my whiskerhumps for Whiskerhump Wednesday in honor of Kismet, the big mancat who had huge ones.  Mine usually don't show up very well.  I am spending a lot of time up on my platform, both to watch the birdies and catch the rays.  We didn't get all that snow that was predicted.

Karen Jo:  I am both glad and sad about that.  We really need the moisture, but I didn't need all that snow to move around in.  I finally got out and filled the bird feeders.  The ravens have figured out how to get the suet feeder open, so I run out of suet much faster than I used to.  I am feeling a little bit better today, but not much.

We didn't do anything interesting yesterday, so we are going to catch you up on some of the stuff we were doing while Mom wasn't blogging.  The reason that I am disappointed that Mom isn't playing with me now is that I have started playing with her more.  Back when Mom was so worried about her aunt, she would try to get me to play to take her mind off it.  She tried rolling my balls around on the floor and tossing toy mice around, but nothing was working.

Karen Jo:  Then I tried something a little different.  I took one of your plastic balls and rolled it down the Alpine scratcher and that caught your attention.  You chased it and batted it and chased it some more.  We found a new game that lasted quite a while.

It was lots of fun.  We need to do it again.  You might even try me on the wand toys again.  You haven't done that in a long time.

Karen Jo:  Maybe this evening when you start to get frisky.  I haven't tried the wand toys in a long time because you usually just ignore them.  You even ignored the laser dot the last time.

I have that laser dot all figured out.  I know where it comes from and that I can't catch it, so it isn't fun any more.  Mom even tried throwing treats out and shining the laser dot on the treats.  I ate the treats, but wouldn't chase the dot.

The other thing that I have discovered is Mom's screen saver.  She has the pipes that run all around the screen.  I sat on her computer chair and watched them for a long time.  I wanted to get closer to them, but I didn't want to step on the keyboard.  The one and only time I tried that there were a lot of loud noises that I didn't like.

Karen Jo:  I am grateful that you are wary of the keyboard.  The one time you did step on it, I don't know what you did, but you froze up the computer completely.  Not even the mouse worked.  I had to turn it off without exiting Windows first, which I hated to do, but no real harm was done.

Mom sits in her rocking chair a lot.  I don't like it because there is no room for me unless I get in her lap.  I get even by clawing her legs.

Karen Jo:  That does get my attention.  I get up and see what you want.  Usually you just want some petting or other attention.  Sometimes you want to be fed, even though it isn't time for it.  You could get up in my lap for petting, you know.

I know, but I am notlap cat.  I don't even want to be a lap cat.  You tried picking me up and putting me in your lap just the other night and I got right back down again.  I want to be next to you, not on you.  The only time I get up on you is to get your lazy body out of bed in the morning because I am starving.

Karen Jo:  I guess I should be thankful that you don't want to sleep on top of me at night.  You weigh a ton.

I'm not that fat.  I am just a little chubby.  I have been jumping up on the kitchen sink for a drink again. This morning there was some interesting water in a pan in the sink.

Karen Jo:  That was the pan that I warmed up my soup in.  The same soup that you wouldn't eat the meat from.  I noticed that you really preferred the tap water and soon switched.

I love water straight from the tap.

Karen Jo:  Finally, I want to thank all of you for the well wishes and purrs, both for the loss of my aunt and my cold.  I really appreciate it.

8 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Wow Herman, impressive whisker humps pal!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Very nice whisker humps. It is my favorite thing to step on the keyboard and do all sorts of weird stuff with it!

The Island Cats said...

We like your whisker humps, Herman!

Kiril Kundurazieff said...

Great picture, and interesting post!

Thanks for the birthday wishes to me, and our place today!

Elvira Mistress of Felinity

Hilary said...

WOW... those whiskers are really something!

Marilia said...

Awesome Whiskers!!!!!!!!!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Karen Jo, I'm so sorry I (we) missed sending purrs and Light and hugs regarding your aunt's passing. Please know my thoughts and the boys' purrs are with you and all who loved her.

We also hope your cold is better soon!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are glad you are feeling like playing. Now we got to get Mom up to it!