Monday, February 20, 2012

Mancat Monday

I am looking at all the toys Mom got out for me to play with today.  It's kind of hard to see, but there is a ball with feathers right in front of me.  I picked it up and smelled it right after Mom snapped the picture.

Karen Jo:  I don't know if Herman was interested in the ball with feathers for itself, or if it still has a slight aroma of Emma on it.  She used to play with it a lot.  He just picked it up, sniffed it and put it down again.  He hasn't been interested in playing at all today yet, but that is not unusual.  He prefers to play in the early evening, just before sundown.

I got Mom up again this morning.  It was just before dawn this time.  I wanted breakfast, but she wasn't ready to give it to me yet.

Karen Jo:  If I feed you that early in the morning, then you want lunch early, too, then dinner.  It's much better if I feed you later in the morning.  I did give you your breakfast the second time you woke me up.  I am feeling much better today.  I am almost back to normal.  All I have left of the cold is a stuffy nose.  Some of that could be my allergies.

We have nice sun puddles for me to lie in today.  Mom didn't go out and feed the birdies, though.

Karen Jo:  The sun is shining, but it is very cold outside and we have had some wicked wind. I only went out there to do what I absolutely had to do.  The wind knocked over the recycle bin and I had to go out and set it upright again and put some more stuff in it, so it wouldn't get knocked over again.

Mom had tomato soup with cheese shreds last night and I got some cheese shreds.  I love cheese shreds.

Karen Jo:  I am getting really sick of soup.  I think I will get some cheesy chicken out of the freezer for supper tonight.

Yay!  Mom got some real milk for the tomato soup and she gave me the milk ring to play with in the kitchen.  I watched it spin across the floor, but did nothing with it while Mom was watching.  As soon as she went back to her cooking, I started playing with it.  When I noticed that Mom was watching me again, I stopped playing with it.

Karen Jo:  I don't know why you don't like my watching you play.  It gives me a lot of pleasure.

I don't know, either.  It's just something I do.  Mom gave me a good brushing this morning.  I loved it.  She hasn't been brushing me as much since she's been sick.

10 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are so lucky that it's nice and that you have toys!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You look very handsome Herman and your toys are way cool!

The Florida Furkids said...

We never like to let Mom know when we're going to play. After all, that flashy beast can always show up and ruin our good times!!!

The Florida Furkids

Us4 Cats said...

wow look at all those toys! looks like what mom finds under the chairs here; ) and the ball with feathers, omc that is Luckys fav. we have it too! she talks to it. dont you just want to roll around in all that toyness!!!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Herman, Boodie doesn't like being watched while she is playing either - she will drop the toy she is playing with and look guilty! Why, I have no idea!

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, we are glad your Mom is feeling better! Some of us are secret players, too.

meowmeowmans said...

Those are some great toys, Herman! And we are super glad to hear your Mom is feeling so much better! :)

Fur Everywhere said...

It sounds like you had a good day! We are glad that your mom is feeling better, too :)
Sierra, Carmine, and Milita

Jacqueline said...

Happy Mardi Gras, precious friends=Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Marilia said...

Have a great Mardi Gras!!! Enjoy your toys Herman!