Thursday, February 16, 2012

Just Hanging Around

I am just snoozing on the carpet today.  It's cloudy, so I don't get the good rays on my platform.  Please ignore all the bits from my cardboard scratcher.  Mom isn't a very good cleaner.

Karen Jo:  I am afraid that your Mom has been a shockingly bad house cleaner lately, Herman.  Once I get well, I am really going to have to do something about it.

Mom didn't play with me yesterday evening after all.

Karen Jo: You didn't get frisky until my dinner was ready to eat.  I tried after I finished, but you weren't interested any more.  We did get in a little play time before your midday nap today.

Mom has taken to putting my fuzzy balls in a bag with catnip.  She got one out for me today and I batted it around for a little while.  When the catnip got all knocked off of it, I lost interest.

I didn't get my usual amount of petting last night in bed, either.

Karen Jo:  I got chills really bad last night.  I petted you as long as I could stand having my arm outside the covers, then I just had to tuck in and try to get warm.  I finally had to pull up the throws that I keep at the foot of the bed to get warm enough to sleep.  This is the first time this winter I have had to do that.

I got a good laugh at Mom this morning.  She heard some noises and came hurrying into the living room to see what I was meowing about.  I wasn't meowing at all.

Karen Jo:  Ravens are excellent mimics.  We have some around here that quack like ducks, which they picked up at the duck pond.  There was one for a while that barked like a dog, driving the neighborhood dogs nuts.  Now I have one that makes a sound that, when filtered through the closed windows, sounds like Herman meowing for attention.  I hurried to see what was up, because Herman never makes that particular meow unless he is with me.  I thought there was something wrong.  Ravens must also have very good hearing, because Herman's meow isn't all that loud.  He does meow at the ravens sometimes, but it is a different meow than the one that is being imitated now.

I thought I would fill you in on a change in my behavior that Mom has noticed lately.  Ever since I moved in, Mom has liked to do what she calls walk-by petting.  She walks by me and rubs my head on her way.  I used to hate it.  I would duck and swat at her hand.  Now I hardly ever duck any more and I never swat at her hand.  I guess I just got used to it.

11 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

We got those little piece of cardboard everywhere too Herman, we love spreading the pieces around. That walk by petting is good...unless you are snoozing!

Fuzzy Tales said...

No one minds bits of cardboard, it just means your scratcher is being well used.

We get the walk-by pats too...except for some reason our human thinks we're irresistible when we're asleep. (Uh, lady, we're SLEEPING.)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
Mom finds little bits of cardboard all over the house. We love using our scratchers. I see you do too. Glad to know you are loving your scritches too.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Herman, I hope your human feels better soon - I bet you have not been getting a chance to have some of those awesome treats from the yummy meals she makes!

Weird about the raven. That sounds kind of creepy.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Hmm... my human doesn't even feel bad and she's a lousy housekeeper. You're way luckier than I Herman!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Herman, you need to take good care of your Mom - she is the kibble provider, right? Snooter smoochies to your Mom that she is feeling better soon.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara and Lightning

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We think you have started liking the walk by pets!

The Island Cats said...

We would love to hear those birdies meowing like you, Herman!

Marg said...

That is interesting about the birds copying you Herman. Oh, and we spread those bits of cardboard all over our house too. Our Mom is no a good house cleaner either. Good to see you Herman. Take care.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Our moms would get along fine. Only when the cat hair starts to look like tumbleweeds blowing across the kitchen floor does mom say "guess I better sweep the floor."

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Our floor is ALLUS covered with scratchpad shreds! And Iza's torn-up cardboard egg cartons. TBT doesnt even pay anny attention to it annymore.

We have marinated mousies sometimes. TBT crushes a fresh Nip leaf and rubs it all over a few mouses, then puts them inna zip baggie fer a few days. It lasts longer.