Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuxie Tuesday

I decided not to get up when Mom did.  I like her pillow as much as she does and the flannel sheets are nice and warm.

Karen Jo:  I can't blame you for not wanting to get up.  We are having a big storm today, with lots of snow.  I didn't go out at all, except to feed the birds and take out the trash.

Mom finally found a small fresh turkey and cooked it yesterday.  I stuffed myself when it was done.  Mom kept offering me bites and I kept eating and eating.  I ate so much turkey that Mom didn't give me any cat food at my dinner time.

Karen Jo:  You couldn't have possibly eaten any cat food after all the turkey you put away, so it would have just been wasted.  You really do love your turkey.  Every time I get it out, you meow and meow until I give you some.

Fresh turkey is the best.  It is even better than chicken or roast beef or steak.  I hope we have it for a long time.

Karen Jo:  Not for too much longer.  I will have to cut it up and freeze it soon.  Turkey goes bad fairly quickly if it isn't frozen.

Rats.  I will have to see how much I can eat before that happens.  There was some excitement out the window yesterday.

Karen Jo:  I saw you get all excited and jump up on your platform.  There was a little calico kitty outside in the snow.  She ran away when I approached her.  I hope she got home all right.

Not much else has been going on around here.  Mom went to bed way early last night and I got lots and lots of petting.  She was pretty boring today, just sitting at the kitchen table doing something.

Karen Jo:  I finally got going on my Christmas cards.  I got them all ready to mail.  Now I just have to get them to the post office.  The storm is supposed to end tomorrow at noon and the sun is supposed to come out.  I'll go then.

I have been getting some nice cards in the mail and by e-mail, too.  I wish Mom would put up my e-cards so I can share them.

Karen Jo:  I will get started on them soon.  Copying photos from e-mail gives me a "not responding" error sometimes and that can be a pain. As soon as I can I will get them all up on your sidebar.

22 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You look too comfy to ever get up. Did you get some turkey in bed?

Katnip Lounge said...

Herman, you are quite the turkey hound! It sounds like you are getting the weather we had today, cold and damp...stay in the flannel sheets and keep warm.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Fresh turkey! Flannel sheets! You are one lucky boy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, if Mom freezes the turkey, she will have to UNFREEZE it eventually, and you will get more of it then Herman...

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Turkey in bed? Chey's right - it sounds like a great idea. Herman, you should request that!

Marg said...

Those sheets sure do look great to just keep on snoozing and if you ate all that turkey, that probably made you sleepy too. Take care and both of you have a terrific Wednesday.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yes Herman, great idea, just stay in bed!!!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Fresh turkey, flannel sheets...Life is pretty good, Herman!

We hope your little calico visitor actually has a home, will go with the assumption that does.

BTW, feel free to keep the snow. We have a forecast high of about 50F tomorrow and rain, rain, rain, before our temps plunge down to seasonal again.

Fuzzy Tales said...

P.S. If you were on Tracey's card list you ought to have received our ecard. If not, we have two on a separate blog page!

Ivan from WMD said...

Flannel sheets! How lucky you are, Herman!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Herman
Fresh turkey, flannel sheets and warm and cozy comfy beds sound like heaven to us.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

wildcatwoods said...

Turkey and naps when it is snowing sound good to us!

Cats of wildcat woods

Dma said...

sleeping in, flannel sheets, turkey... life is rough.

Ellen Whyte said...

Yum! Turkey! Sounds like you're onto a good thing there.

Pip said...

Oh Herman, we just loves our flannel sheets too!. You sure look comfy, and why not? Snug, warm and full of fresh turkey!
Your Karen Jo sure is good to you. You are a lucky mancat.

Team Tabby said...

Lots of fresh turkey and a comfy bed......good for you Herman! it's only what you deserve.

purrs,
Mindy
Moe
Bono
Cookie
Mike

Marilia said...

Hi friends!
Have a great weekend!
Auntie Marilia

Mr. Hendrix said...

You do look very comfy! Stay cozy and warm while the storm is going on. That sounds nasty. Turkey is really good to help keep you warm so maybe your mommy can freeze it in kitty sized baggies to keep dethawing them daily....I like that idea a lot.

Moooooooooooooom, can you get lotsa turkey to freeze and dethaw for me????

Anita said...

A stormy day is purrrrfect to be warm on the bed.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

~E said...

That is the life of a cat there xo. Happy holidays.

Kat and the Furrsonality gang said...

You look incredibly comfy there. Dang humans always wanting to get up so early.

meowmeowmans said...

Staying in bed is awesome, Herman. Fresh turkey is awesome, too. The only thing that would be better is fresh turkey IN bed! :D