Thursday, December 8, 2011

After the Storm

I'm just napping in my ham-mick again.  I love my ham-mick, especially in the winter. Au was wondering just how big I really am.  This ham-mick is 20 inches long and 13 1/2 inches wide.  As you can see, I fill it up.  Mom was acting really weird for a while.  She was staying in bed, but getting up and down all the time.  I couldn't get really comfy with her.

Karen Jo:  I got pretty sick last Friday, going at both ends.  I am all well again now, but it really wiped me out and I needed to rest up after I got better. It's a good thing I did all that shopping last week.  I haven't needed to go out again yet.  I did cook the turkey and the roast beef and Herman got his turkey bites and roast beef juice and some bites of that, too. The storm didn't amount to all that much.  We only got a few inches, but we needed it.  We are still in a drought and need all the snow we can get this winter.

I like the snow.  It makes the birdies easier to see.  I get up on my platform in the afternoon to watch them some days. They really splash around in the birdbath right after Mom puts in fresh water.

Karen Jo:  I put warm water in the birdbath in the winter.  I think it must feel good to them.

I am playing with more of my toys.  Last night Mom got out my flashy ball and I knocked it all around the living room.  I am even playing with my Starlight Turbo Scratcher, which I haven't done much of since it was new.  Oh, I have been using the scratcher part, but ignoring the ball, until a few days ago.  I also knock around my crinkle ball and my regular balls and even a mousie or two.

Karen Jo:  I am really having fun playing with you, Herman.  I thought you might be interested in the laser dot again, but you ignored it.

I gave up on that one.  I can't catch it or bite it, so why should I chase it?  Mom thinks I might be getting interested in her lap.

Karen Jo:  I do.  You get up on the couch to read with me and put your paws or your head on my thigh. The lap is only a step away.  I put you up on my lap the other day because you kept pawing at my knee.  You even stayed for a minute.

Your lap is lumpy.  I prefer the couch.  The bed is even better.  Boy, did I get a lot of petting time while Mom was sick!  It would have been perfect, if it weren't for all the getting up and down.  I would just get all comfy and blissed out, then Mom would get out of bed again.

Karen Jo:  Sorry, Herman, I couldn't help it.  I am well now, so you can get in your uninterrupted hour or so of petting when I go to bed.

I love that, along with snuggling up to you to keep warm.

14 comments:

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Loved the whole post, but did you know there are birdbath heaters to keep the water unfrozen all Winter? TBT says we will get one this year. The better to watch the Birdie TV!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Whew! We are glad the Mom is better "at both ends"! It is really hard to get a nap like that! We thinks you're gonna end up a lap cat, too! xoxo

TabbyNormal said...

Aww, we are sorry your Mum was sick. We kind of like it when our Mum is sick and stays in bed, but there is the key part: STAYS in bed. No getting up and down. Maybe she could just have a nap day without being stick reserved for patting you, instead.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope that your Mum feels better. Sick mums are not fun?

SJ Reidhead said...

Thank you furr your good wishes. I am feeling better. The staff made an emergency call to my physician last night. He insulted me by saying he thought my problems were psychological! Doc went to see him today. I ran away from the staff after leaving a great big scratch on her arm. That will teach her to try to put me in one of those carriers. Doc got a shot in the tushie. Glad I rebelled. So now I feel better!

Bubbles Silverman
A Pink FLamingo Kitty

meowmeowmans said...

You sure look comfy in your ham-mick, handsome Herman.

We are sorry to hear your Mom was sick, Herman. We are glad she is better now, and that you got your turkey bites and roast beef juice!

It's nice that you and your Mom are enjoying your time together so much. :)

Ivan from WMD said...

We're glad to hear your mom is better now, Herman. Moms have a much harder time with these things than we do and need a lot of TLC!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Your human had food poisoning, Herman? Or the flu? Either way, there is nothing that will make a human more difficult to relax near than when they are always getting up, over and over again. I a glad she is feeling better now.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are glad Mom is feeling better, Herman. We are also glad that you are playing and getting closer to Mom!

Fuzzy Tales said...

We're very glad your mum is feeling better now, Herman! Ugh, we're sorry she was sick.

You seem to be doing very well, though, so that's great news!

Happy weekend!

Marg said...

WE are so glad to hear that Mom is feeling a little better. We aren't much for sitting in Mom's lap. Our Mon has a lumpy lap too so we understand Herman. Hope you and your Mom have a great weekend.

SuziQCat said...

Herman we are glad your mom is feeling better, so you can get uninterrupted pets! Laps are great man, our mom is so warm, we love sitting in her lap.

~Four Crazy Cats

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are sending you Mom bunches of purrs Herman and I think you should try that lap thing fur sure!

Team Tabby said...

Herman, we are glad to hear that your mom is feeling better again. We love the picture of you in your ham-mick!