Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bad Mom

I have been up here a lot, looking out at the snow and napping on this great pillow.  Right now I am admiring my two Christmas presents.  I sniffed them all over earlier, but Mom was too slow with the camera to get a picture of that.  Speaking of being too slow, Mom has been a really bad blogger again.

Karen Jo:  I have been really busy getting out Christmas cards, shipping packages and stocking up on food between snow storms.

We don't even have a Christmas tree.

Karen Jo:  I know.  I haven't put up a tree since my Mom died.  I will look out in the garage for the small one tomorrow.  I could put all the Christmas cards on it for decorations.  I will also put up your stocking.

Am I going to get anything in it?

Karen Jo:  Yes, you will get a toy and some treats in it.

Just one toy?

Karen Jo:  You also have your two Christmas packages from your woofy cousins.  You don't need more toys, anyway.  You have three plastic buckets full of them already.  You might get some from your kitty cousins in Albuquerque, too.

It sounds like you are going to desert me for Christmas again.

Karen Jo:  Only for a day and a half.  I will leave Christmas Eve morning and come back Christmas afternoon.  And that's only if the storm we are having now is over by then.  We are certainly going to have a white Christmas this year.

You have been really boring lately.

Karen Jo:  I try to play with you, but you don't want to play for very long at a time.  You get plenty of petting when I am reading and when I go to bed.  You also get brushed almost every day.

I haven't gotten anything much good to eat since you cut up the turkey and froze it.

Karen Jo:  You got all the turkey you would eat while I was cutting it up, though.  When I was done, I put the carcass in a plastic bag and put the bag on the kitchen floor while I went outside to take the lid off the garbage can.  When I came back, you had your head in the bag.  I waited until you were done with the carcass before I threw it away.

That didn't take long.  You didn't leave anything good on the carcass.  You wouldn't share your supper with me tonight.

Karen Jo:  I was eating fried rice with vegetables and an orange.  I let you smell it and you turned away.  That was funny.  You really meowed at the orange, until you got a good smell of it.  You couldn't back away fast enough then.  I am having steak tomorrow night.  You can have some of that.

Yay!  I love steak and sour cream, though I don't eat as much of it lately as I used to.  Are you ever going to put up my Christmas cards?

Karen Jo:  I will work on it tonight, if my software will cooperate.

14 comments:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Herman, you have such a good mummy. Our mummy won't even let us SNIFF a chicken or turkey carcass!

Oui Oui said...

Your mom doesn't sound so bad! Our mom has hardly even been at home and if it wasn't for the Girl, we wouldn't have any decorations up!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Sounds like a pretty good deal to us. Mebbe we could haf a little house-trashin when your Mom is gone?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We do not have a tree, either! WE did get your Ecard tonight Thank you!

The Island Cats said...

You get steak and sour cream and get to stick your head in the bag with the turkey carcass?? You got a good mom, Herman!

Cat said...

We got your e-card tonight Herman, it was so beautiful!!!! Thank you very much :-)

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Herman, we don't have a tree either! My human was going to put one up, but she got busy with other things. Now I don't know if it's going up at all. I DO know I won't be getting any steak and certainly no opportunities to stick my head in a turkey carcass bag. So I think your situation is way better than ours!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I know your Christmas will be special Herman, because you are! Merry Christmas my friend!

Ivan from WMD said...

Actually, Herman, it sounds like you have it pretty good (well, except for the orange part)! I think all our moms are a bit frazzled at the moment but all in all I think it's good.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Herman
It sounds as though you are having a pretty good holiday. All the wonderful smells and presents and cards. WE loved our card,this year we found such joy in opening each one and Mom would show them to us. We got more cards than Mom.
We wish you and your Mom a very happy, safe and joyful Holiday!
Merry Christmas
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Clooney said...

Merry Catmas to you Herman! We hope you enjoy your pressies and gets some extra treats! Happy Holidays to you and your Mom!

Mr Puddy said...

You are always the best Herman : )
Hoo ! Hoo ! Hoo ! I won't be around till next 3 weeks, But I would love to say...Merry Christmas !!!!
I wish you all have a very best time and lots of presents
xoxo

Puddy and Mom Boom

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh, Herman, we don't have a tree up either, and we don"t even get stockings, cos mom is too busy. We think you have got it made there on that pillow!
Merry Christmas and thank you for your lovely card!
-JB

GLOGIRLY said...

Herman you are a tough cookie! Better cut your mom a little slack. ; ) We just barely got a tree up this year. It's a little tiny one. Usually we have a nice real big one. But this year everyone has been busy too. That's ok...it's still sparkly and pretty.

We are having roast beast for dinner tonight. I'm hoping for a bite!

Thanks for stopping by to wish me and my girl a Merry Christmas.

love,
Katie