Friday, June 25, 2010

Christmas in July


Looky! My package from Ricky for Christmas in July has arrived already! Just look at all this neat stuff. The plastic package had a purple furry mouse, a wand toy with a pink fuzzy critter and three cage balls with big jingle bells inside. Mom got a very nice picture frame and a cute gray wooden kitty.


Mom had to take the above picture really fast, because I really wanted to play with the blue fleece mousie.
Here I am with the purple mousie and the pink thing on the wand.

I just gave one of the plastic balls a good whap. I love them because I can pick them up with my claws and shake them and really send them flying. Thank you so much, Ricky! My lazy Mom has just finished her shopping tonight.

Karen Jo: I'm sorry, Herman. I have been working really hard lately and putting in overtime. I get off work so tired that I can barely drag myself home and feed and medicate you.

I wouldn't mind it if you were too tired to medicate me.

Karen Jo: Oh, yes, you would, when the poop puddles came back.

I guess you are right. I'm tired of talking about poop. I'm doing just the same, a mixture of solid poops and thick pudding poops. I won't mention it again unless something changes.

Look at my sidebar! I am now a member of the New Tuxedo Gang. Thank you so much for letting me join.

In other news, Mom and I have been having a great time together. Now when I wake her up for second breakfast, I want some cuddles first. On Mom's days off, we can cuddle for a long time. I'm too hungry to cuddle before early breakfast. We play at least some every day. Usually a little in the morning and more at night. I have learned how to whap my nip ball so that it flies up in the air and bounces. Mom hasn't found any more bald spots, so I guess I just did the overgroom/pull out a mat the one time. Mom was a bit worried that I was getting too bored while she was at work, despite having more toys than I can play with all within easy reach and the bird channel on cat TV on all day.

Karen Jo: I got a suggestion that I leave the people TV on for Herman while I am at work, but I am a bit afraid to do that. It is thunderstorm season here and I don't want the TV to get fried. Would the radio, turned to a talk or easy listening station work?

If you would just stay home with me, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Karen Jo: I have to work to keep you in cat food.

I guess you better keep going then. ::big sigh::

17 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Those are great gifts, Herman, and I can tell you are really enjoying them! Tell your human she is working too hard. To be a good kitty servant, she needs a combination of work and play (and of course, the play part should involve you!).

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Herman, it is SO nice to see you enjoying your toys so much!!

Everycat said...

What gorgeous gifts! It's great to see you enjoying playing with them Herman. Sparkle is right, make sure Karen Jo gets enough rest. Our Mum leaves the radio on for us when we are shut in and she goes out. She leaves on BBC Radio 4 which is boring apes going blah, blah, blah all day with no noisy jingles. We think it was Wildcat Woods who made the great suggestion of leaving on a classical music station for cats, our Mum tried it and we didn't wreck the house or run away with our paws in our ears, so that works too.

Have a great weekend bothof you!

Whicky Wuudler

Angel Simba said...

Those are lovely Christmas in July presents, Herman. So nice that you enjoy playing with them.

Marg said...

This is so great seeing you playing with your toys and feeling so good. Hopefully Mom can get some rest this week end. But you keep up this good work Herman and stay healthy.
Have a wonderful week end.

Hannah and Lucy said...

It's lovely to see you being more interested in playing and getting treats.
You have had some lovely gifts from Ricky - our Christmas in July parcel has arrived but mum won't let us open it until next week - we've tried pouting and rolling over showing our tummies but she just won't change her mind. She's a big spoil sport.

Sweet Purrfections said...

What wonderful gifts!

I have heard that leaving on the radio helps with kitties who tend to get lonely when their mom has to leave.

Lynx217 said...

I agree with the radio... I would suggest classical music though as it's much more relaxing - unless, like these cats, you're a rock 'n roll kitty!

Katnip Lounge said...

We get the TV left on for us, mostly a quiet news station. A radio would work as well. It's nice to pretend that there's a person in the house to boss around if the mood struck!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are great gifts Herman. It is good to see you enjoying playing with them.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Herman--we always love the questions your Momma asks--she worries about you and takes such great care of you! We never get the television left on for us... Ah well.

Enjoy your great toys!!

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Herman! Those are some great toys you got! We glad you're having so much fun with them!

We don't get the TV left on, but mom will leave the radio on for us sometimes...either talk or easy listening...sometimes classical...we think she's trying to educate us! Haha!!

One Cats Nip said...

What a haul Herman! How exciting@

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

What wonderful gifts! Um...Merry Christmas! It's great to hear you are feeling better and feeling more playful. We hope your mom gets a chance to relax soon too.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Herman
Those were some great purrsents you got and I think you will enjoy all of them!
We hope that your Mom gets a chance to feel better furry soon.

purrs
Abby

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Cool toys, Herman! An we are glad things seem ta be going well wif the poops...

M Dawson said...

This is a GOOD DAY - riiiiight! What pawesome presents!!

Hermann I had an idea - how about a Surge protector, would that allow your Mum to have the TV on for you all day. They stop nasty power surges getting to electrical equipment. They are not cheap (not sure of price) but not $5 a time BUT it would mean you can have the TV on.