Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Brody's Vet Visit

Karen Jo:  My blog was supposed to have a "Save Net Neutrality" banner just below the header today, but the code I copied didn't work.

Brody:  I went to the vet yesterday and it was good news.  My temperature has gone down to 103.5 from 104.  My weight has gone up from 6.7 lbs to 8.2 lbs.  Neither Mom nor the vet lady could figure out how I gained 1.5 pounds in one week.  I bet I know.  I eat whatever I want and just lie around most of the day.  There is no sign of fluid in my chest or abdomen.  I only have to have one shot every other day now.  I'm pretty happy about all of this and so is Mom.

Karen Jo:  I am very happy.  Brody might have diarrhea, but it's by no means certain.  He is getting a little Metronidazole in liquid form just in case.
Cissy:  Well, I don't have diarrhea any more.  Mom had to call the vet lady because I hadn't gotten any better by Saturday morning.  Half an hour after the vet lady called her back and told her to come pick up my meds, I pooped a mighty poop and proved that I didn't need any meds after all.

Karen Jo:  I picked them up anyway, because the vet lady was nice enough to tape them to the outside door after closing time.  I'll hang on to them.  Some other kitty might need them.  Brody won't eat the Forti-Flora.
Spyro:  I picked up spraying a bit from Horus.  I sprayed the wall by Cissy's new litter box and I sprayed Cissy's big cardboard box in the kitchen.  Then I quit doing it.  I did pee in Cissy's new litter box, but I did it the regular way.  I guess I got caught up in the kitty politics.  They seem to be dying down now.
Oja: I have almost given up cornering Cissy and making her scream.  It just doesn't seem like much fun any more.  I have that new kitten Tabitha to hiss at.
Rocio: I was watching the birds when I got this itch.  Ah, that's better.  I really got into it with Cissy the other day.  I don't know why.  I haven't bothered her since.

Bambino:  I dumped the toy bucket over so Tabitha would have more toys to play with.  Yeah, that's it.  She is a lot of fun.  She will pounce almost any cat.  She leaves Brody, Cissy and Oja alone.  She learns fast.
Horus:  I haven't bothered Cissy in ages.  It just doesn't appeal to me any more.

Karen Jo:  I am wondering if the calming spray is having an effect or the kitties just got bored with tormenting Cissy.  Whichever it is, I hope it lasts.
Julius:  Here I am showing off my side stripes.

Karen Jo: If any of you have wondered what I looked like, you can see me in the mirror.
Tabitha:  Boy, have I been exploring since the last time Mom posted.  I have discovered the living room.  Wow, it is big!  When I first ran into it, I stopped and did the kitten dance.  I arched my back way up and bounced around.  There is lots of room to run and play and rassle, rolling over and over.  There's lots of toys in here, too.  There's a neat box with holes in it and toys inside.  I am having so much fun!

14 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That is great news on Brody! And it sounds like everyone is calming down - I hope it stays that way.

Mickey's Musings said...

Brody, we are happy you are doing so well :)
We purr calm will remain at your place.
Play with the toys instead!
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Hannah and Lucy said...

What good news at the vets for you Brody - we hope you stay well.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Ivan from WMD said...

This is wonderful news about Brody! Maybe the scale was off? There was a scale that went wonky at our vet's office, and when Elliott went in for his yearly, he was "down" over 2 pounds from February. Needless to say, that panicked Mom and concerned the vet. A different scale proved Elliott's accurate weight. Mom wanted the other scale for herself but the vet said she had digs!

Anonymous said...

Gweat news 'bout one and all. Is always good when evewyone can get along and at least co-exist. Weez be purrayin' it lasts. :)

Luv ya'

Dezi n Lexi

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

That is wonderful news about Brody and Tabitha!!!

Marilia said...

Great newsa about Brody!

pilch92 said...

Nice to hear some good news :)
Come visit us at 15andmeowing.com sometime.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is wonderful news for Brody. I am glad peace seems to be reigning too.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hooray Brody, that sure made us smile! Howdy everyone!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are glad to hear that you all seem to be doing pretty well now.

meowmeowmans said...

Yeah! That's really awesome news about Brody. :)

And it sounds like you're all starting to figure things out there. And THAT'S great news, too. :)

Katie Isabella said...

Guys, ask your mommy if she has ever tried Nutra-Vet Pet Ease. That stuff works where the other brand doesn't touch me.

Katie http://myminipetpig.com/ said...

Hello and thank you so much for your kind and comforting words on Lacci. What great news that Brody is doing better. Thank you again!