Saturday, February 13, 2016

Vet Visit and a Surprise

Joni: The silly Food Lady thought I was sick.

Karen Jo: You hadn't been eating properly in over a month.

Joni: She came looking for me and I ran away from her and that didn't give her a clue that I wasn't sick.

Karen Jo: You were so still and you let me touch you.

Joni:  You never heard of playing possum?

Karen Jo:  I called the vet and made you an appointment for the next day (Thursday).

Joni: And where was I when you came looking for me?

Karen Jo: In a sort of tent I made with the sofa cushions up on some storage boxes.

Joni: And that didn't give you a clue?

Karen Jo:  I had to be sure that you weren't sick by taking you to the vet.

Joni:  She had to chase me all over my room and when she caught me I fought like crazy and got away twice and she still didn't get a clue. She put me in a PTU and packed me off to the vet.  I told them a thing or two, until one of them stabbed me and I went to sleep.  When I woke up I discovered that they had stolen some of my blood and my pee.  And what did they find out after all that?  I'm a strong, healthy MANCAT.  That's right, I'm a mancat.  So what are you going to do about that, silly Food Lady?

Karen Jo:  I'm glad I took you in.  Now I know for sure that you are a strong, healthy mancat with strange eating habits.  I changed your name to Jonathan and I'm going to call you Jonny from now on.

Jonny:  Good. At least you put my room back together after tearing it all apart trying to catch me.

Missy:  Mom needs to take some new pictures of me.

Karen Jo: I would if you would stop running away from the camera.

Missy: I moved in with Jonny about a week ago.  It gets me away from Oja and gives Jonny some company.

Karen Jo:  You are one smart kitty, Missy.  The vet even said that having Missy in his room might be good for Jonny.  She could show him that it's safe to be out in the open and that I'm a nice lady.

Jonny:  You are NOT a nice lady.  I like having Missy around though.  She's nice.

17 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, I'm glad to hear you are A-O-K Jonny! You and Missy should have fun in there!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad you are okay....bummer that you had to go to the VET though :(

The Florida Furkids

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That vet visit must have been a surprise for your human, Jonny! MOL

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad you are okay, Jonny. I am glad Missy has moved in with you as it is nice for both of you to have each other's company. That must have been a big surprise for your mom when she found out you were a Jonny and not a Joni!

pilch92 said...

I am glad you are healthy Johnny.

wildcatwoods said...

Glad you were OK and good to have your Mom back on the blog! Happy Heart Day!

Cats of wildcat woods

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Sure glad you are OK Jonny!

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

Whew Jonny. That Vet place is not fun. So to avoid it, eat, play,sleep and repeat

Anonymous said...

Well dat's good news. Our humans can get a little over purrtective sumtimes, but it's good dat da VET confurmed dat you be a healthy mancat. We's also glad things are goin' well in general.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

meowmeowmans said...

Jonny, we're sure glad you're okay! And for what it's worth, we think your food lady is super nice. Just give her a chance, okay? :)

Unknown said...

What a pity I really have no time to take my cat to the vet. But he really needs a visit there. I hope I'll concentrate and manage to do my homework in 3 hours and then take care of my pet. He hates those visits. That would be a challenge for both of us.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Fancy your Mom not knowing you were fighting fit Jonny! The best thing you can do for her Jonny is eat all the food she put on your dish - nom, nom, nom.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Beins are not really good at knowing when we are not feeling right vs just "off" fer a day. But it is good they keep checking. They figure it out, and that is good fer US!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Glad to hear that you are okay even if you did get stabbed.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We've been catching up with your new posts. There have been a number of changes. We're sorry about Bentley leaving for the bridge.

How funny to learn Joni is actually Jonny. :)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Jonny we are glad you are OK, and that you like having Missy around. So sorry you had to go to the vet. Karen Jo is nice and we appreciate her coming by to express her condolences on Socks going away.

We are going to try to come by more and keep up with all you sweet kitties.

Henry said...

Glad you are ok! Thanks for posting :)
Henry