Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Comings and Goings

Karen Jo: A word of explanation first.  About a year and a half ago my cousin persuaded me to join Facebook in order to keep in touch with my far-flung relatives easier and it certainly worked.  Unfortunately, I got all involved in the games and have been neglecting my blog shamefully.  I shall have to find the time to do better.

Mysterious: What about ME?

Karen Jo: Go ahead and introduce yourself, Missy.

Mysterious:  Hi, everyone.  My name is Mysterious, but Mom calls me Missy.  A nice vet lady found me wandering around near her clinic in Espanola and took me in and tested me.  When it turned out that I was FeLV+ she contacted Felines and Friends and they contacted Karen Jo.  I have been here for about three months and I love it, mostly.  Oja is mean to me.

Oja:  You have to know that I am the boss around here.  I don't want you trying to take over my Alphaship.

Mysterious:  I don't want your old Alphaship.  I just want to be left in peace.
 Maddie: Hi, everyone.  My name is Maddie.  I am five months old.  I don't remember much about the before time.  I just remember being put into a cage and being stuck with needles and being put to sleep and waking up with a sore tummy and being put back into a cage.  A nice man came and put me into a PTU and gave me a ride in a car and I ended up here.  I LOVE it here.  There are so many kitties and toys and good food and TREATS!  Horus and I wrestle every day and I have FUN, FUN, FUN!

Karen Jo: Below is the only decent picture I ever got of Bentley.  A good reason to start blogging regularly again, so I have pictures.  Sadly, Bentley strolled off to the Rainbow Bridge the week before Christmas.  His FeLV flared up and he left an hour and 20 minutes before his vet appointment.  If I am right about how he ended up outside, he is already with his person in Heaven.  I hope so.  He was such a dear old fellow.

Rocio: Here I am sunning myself.  Our weather can't make up it's mind whether to snow or shine.  I like the shine much better.  The new kitties are great, though Maddie is a treat thief.

Maddie: You just don't eat them fast enough.


Bambino: I love the new kitties.  Missy is a little stand-offish, but Maddie is a ball to have around.
Horus:  Here I am in the kitchen.  I am hoping that Mom will open the back door, so I can escape.  I love romping around outside and I don't care how cold it is.  I want out!
Julius:  I am still scared of Mom.  I don't know why.  She is very nice to me and gives me treats, but I won't let her very close to me at all.  Sometimes, in the middle of the night, when I am very sure that she is asleep, I will jump up on the bed and sleep on her feet.  If she moves and inch, I'm off.
Tabitha: I am in the computer room, just hanging out.  See that big tiger behind me?  It's a giant cardboard scratcher that Mom brought home one day.  We all love it.

Karen Jo: It was pretty expensive, but I had been looking at it for months.  When I found out that the pet supply store was having to move and would be closed for a while, I just bought it.  I'm glad that I did.

Spyro:  It looks like I'm inspecting Mom's big duster, but I'm really waiting for her to open the back door, so I can run out.  It's so sunny and looks warm to me.

Karen Jo:  It's freezing out there.

Spyro: I want to find out for myself.  If it's too cold, I'll come right back in.  Please let me out?
Oja:  I'm just hanging out in the living room.  I just might move over to that nice sun puddle in a minute.  I do wish Mom would stop bringing home new kitties.  I have to give each one of them the lecture on how to behave around me.

Maddie:  I listened the first time and haven't bugged you since.  I wish you would leave my friend Missy alone.

Joni:  I'm still in my room.  I am never coming out.  Mean Mom kicked me out of the closet and shut the door.

Karen Jo:  I was afraid that if you got sick or something, I wouldn't be able to get to you.  I made a new hiding place near the closet with some boxes for you.

Joni:  I don't like it.  I'm staying under the couch.

19 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It is lovely to see you all back again! Maddie and Missy, you both look very sweet. I am sorry that Bentley made his journey to the Bridge.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guys....grate ta see ewe bak again & welcome two ewe missy & maddie....
♥♥♥

N we R veree sorree bentley; we all sew hope ewe R with yur purrson rite now ♥♥♥♥

Mickey's Musings said...

Great to see you all again,including you new kitties.
Welcome Missy and Maddie :)
Sorry to hear about Bently. Thank you for giving him a loving home.
Glad to hear everyone is doing well and having fun.
Happy New Year!
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Nice to meet you Missy & Maddie.
We are so glad to see you back, and we hope to see more of all of you!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm glad you are back blogging! My human never, ever plays games on Facebook - we kitties said it is against our rules so she can't! How nice to meet Missy and Maddie - it sounds like they fit right in with the rest of the crew!

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are sure sorry to hear about dear Bentley but it is super nice to me you newbies!!!

The Island Cats said...

We're so glad to hear from all of you. It's nice to meet you, Missy and Maddie. We're real sorry to hear about Bentley.

meowmeowmans said...

What a coincidence! We were thinking about you earlier this week, and wondering how you were doing. And now, here you are, posting! :)

We are so happy to see you again -- and welcome, Missy and Maddie!

So sad about Bentley. WE are sorry he had to run off to the Bridge.

Hugs to you all!

SuziQCat said...

Great hearing from you again and seeing all the kitties. Loved meeting Missy and Maddie...both are precious! Very sorry to hear about Bentley, but know he had a great home with you.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It is good to see you again and to know you are okay and loving on some wonderful kitties--we admire your courage with those FELV kids-

Savannah's Paw Tracks said...

I am so happy to see my gal pal Oja back and still in charge. And Miss Karen Jo , so sorry for the loss of sweet Bentley. Welcome to the M gals

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Good to meet the newcomers and hear from Oja. We are so sorry to hear of Bentley's passing.

Anonymous said...

Well a meowsy big meowllo to you all. Sendin' purrayers dat everypawdy gets on well and soon.

Luv ya'

Dezi and Lexi

The Florida Furkids said...

We are happy to see you blogging again! Nice to meet you Missy and Maddie.
We're sorry to hear that Bentley has gone to the Bridge. We hope he has been reuinited with his person.

The Florida Furkids

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Glad to see you. I know how hard it it to get started again. I have been away too long myself!

Glad most of the kitties are trying to get along.

Forty Paws said...

We are so very sorry that Bentley crossed over. It is so nice of you to take in all of the FeLV kitties and provide them a loving home. We are glad to meet Missy and Maddie.

Hugs to all of you from all of us at Forty Paws and Maw.

Fur Everywhere said...

We are so happy to see you again!! Welcome to the new kitties. We are so glad you are loving your new home!

Karen Jo, you are so wonderful for caring for all of these precious babies. <3

Dash Kitten Crew said...

It's good to met you all. I am sorry you lost Bentley, he looks a cool dude.

I hope we can come by again.

Marjorie and the Dash Kitten crew

Katie and The Katz said...

Furry Nice to meet all you kitties.
Furry Sad that we didn't get to meet Bentley, yet we know him was furry loved.
Our Nana had a kitty with FLV who blessed Nana with 20 years... likes a miracle.

Purrz from the Katie Katz.

If you haz time, we gots an auction you can share about
at the purple kattery blog
or just looks at the pictures.

-Katie Kat.