Thursday, August 8, 2013

World Cat Day

 Happy World Cat Day!  I thought I would celebrate the day by carrying my camera around with me and taking pictures of how having cats in my life has made things more interesting.
 Spyro helped me make up my bed.
 Rocio helped me with my email this morning.  Sorry about the poor quality of the photo.  My hands must have shaken more than the anti-shake stabilizer could handle.
 Oja helped me pick which mah jong puzzle to work on this evening.  Sorry it's too dark to see her properly.
 Bambino inspected my breakfast to make sure it was good enough for me.
 Spyro loves to help me read the newspaper.
 Opening the screen door is always and adventure.  Spyro is looking out to see that there are no vishus deer or bears waiting for me.
 Anyone can have regular tp.  I have lacy tp thanks to Rocio.
 I never know what will be waiting for me in the hall.  This time it was Bambino and Horus rasslin'.
 Rocio helped me fold my laundry.
 Spyro made sure that the towels were folded and put away just right, with Rocio snoopervising.
 Horus led me on an inspection of my now gopher-free yard.  The gophers just got to be too much, so the whole block got together and called in the exterminator.  I don't like killing creatures, but these gophers ate my sage, leeks, cilantro, chives, daisies, California poppies, nearly killed my lilac bush and made big bald spots in the grass.  Spyro watched Horus go out on the harness and leash and made piteous meows, but wouldn't let me put the harness on him.  I have ordered Spyro a new and different type of harness, so maybe he will get to go out again.
One of the best times of the day is relaxing before dinner time.  Horus just loves Da Bird.  That's Spyro in the play pen.  Rocio joined in after a while.  Bambino and Spyro just watched.  Oja was in the computer room, where she spends most of her time.  I hope you enjoyed seeing what my day with cats is like.

11 comments:

iLoveSilverMeow said...

nice TP...hehe

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Wow, those kitties really keep you busy! Every day really IS World Cat Day at your house!

Marg said...

Wow, that was great fun seeing all the kitties doing their thing. Kind of looks like our house. It is never dull. A very Happy Friday to you. Take care.

Anonymous said...

What a fun filled day with the kitties! I missed seeing Oja, give her smoochies from me, paw pats, Savannah

Ivan from WMD said...

My mom wonders what people would do without cats! Of course, *we* know--not very well!

Unknown said...

Those Kitties keep you on your toes. Hope Spyro likes his new harness.

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Karen Jo! What a great idea to take your camera around all day to document life with your kitties. WE can see that they give you many reasons to smile and laugh. :)

Happy World Cat Day!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are glad all the cats got together to give you an active day!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

I particularly liked the extra-special ornamentation given to the toilet paper. It's a wonder they don't market it that way.

Purrs,
Nissy

Clooney said...

Thanks for stopping by on WCD! Your post was awesome! Love your new additions to the family! We bet you have a very interesting household with all theese awesome kitties. Love your new blog header too!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Oh yes we love seeing all the action. Dad uses a Kitty Holster. These are no escape harness. Really good.
Purrs