Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meet Bambino

 Bambino:  It's about time my lazy Mom got around to letting me introduce myself.  I've been here since April   7th.

Karen Jo:  Sorry, Bambino.  I was greatly affected by Austin's running off to the Bridge.  Then I got involved with my income taxes and that along with the return of winter really got my spirits down.  I'm OK now and will start blogging more again.

Bambino:  I love this nifty cushion.  See all those papers?  I pushed them all off on the floor the other day.  I'm good at pushing things off.

Karen Jo:  I've noticed.  The last three mornings I have been awakened by loud crashes.

Bambino:  It gets your attention and I get hungry in the mornings.  I guess I should tell you how I got here.  Several months ago a nice lady found me as a tiny kitten wandering around on a busy street in Santa Fe.  She took me home and took care of me, but when she discovered that I was FeLV+ she had to keep me in a playpen most of the time to keep me from infecting the cat who was already there and started looking for a new home for me.  She was a volunteer for Felines & Friends, who rescued Austin and Rocio.  There were plans made to pair me with Rocio, but then Austin came along and they were perfect together, so I had to wait.  When Mom first brought me home and put me down in the living room in the carrier, no cat hissed at me, not even Oja.  Things soon changed.

I noticed right away that Rocio and Spyro were both bigger than I was and Oja was stockier and stronger, so I decided that it was best to stay in the safe room for a few days.  Monday, I stuck my head out of my room and promptly got hissed at by Rocio, so I scurried back into hiding.

Karen Jo:  I was surprised that Rocio hissed at you.  He had never hissed at any cat before.  I think he was still missing Austin a whole lot.

Bambino:  Monday evening, I crept out into the hall in slink mode and Oja growled at me, so I ran back into my room again.  Tuesday morning and afternoon, I ventured out just a little, but when running back to my room when I got hissed or growled at.  By Tuesday night, I had figured out that these bigger cats were all talk and no action, so I came out and stayed out.  I spent part of Tuesday night on Mom's bed, until Oja got hissed off that I thought I could sleep ON Mom instead of beside her.
Bambino:  It was only a few more days before I made friends with Rocio.  He saw all the fun I was having with Spyro and decided that I was OK after all.  Here we are playing with Da Bird together.  Spyro, Rocio and I all play chase and rassle together, though not all three at once.  Well, not rasslin' anyway.  By the amount of stuff that gets knocked off of tables Mom strongly suspects that all three of us play THoE at once.  Oja isn't always hissy with me any more and I try to stay out of her way.

Karen Jo:  Bambino may not be the Sultan of Swat, but he is the Prince of Pounce.  He loves pouncing Spyro and Rocio.  From some yowls I have heard, he may have even pounced Oja.  I know that Rocio has been teasing Oja by jumping up the foot or side of the bed and taking a swat at her, then running away.  As a side note, I filed my application to adopt Bambino yesterday.  There is just a little more paperwork to do and he will be an official member of the family.

23 comments:

Sweet Purrfections said...

It's so nice to meet Bambino.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Welcome, Bambino. You'll have a wonderful forever home with Karen Jo.

We're glad you're settling in--it often seems to take longer to win over the females. LOL.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Aw, what a cutie! Welcome Bambino! We look forward to getting to know you more!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

welcome ta yur new forevers home wee dood...we noe ewe iz gonna love it ther...best fishes N lookin forwerd ta see inn mor postz!

Marilia said...

Welcome Bambino!!!

Marg said...

Karen Jo, you are just the best about taking in the FeLV+ kittiies. I just think it is terrific. Bambino, you are so lucky to have found such a good home. You are a cute thing and we are looking forward to learning more about that Bambino.

Jacqueline said...

Hi, sweet Bambino, so nice to meet you...We are really glad you found such a loving forever home and know you will be very happy with your wonderful new family...Have a great Tuesday, darling friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

meowmeowmans said...

Bambino, what a cute little character you are. We are so glad you found your way to Mom Karen Jo. We know she will love you so well and so much!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Nice to meet you, Bambino! It sounds like you are already settling in.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am so glad we got to learn more about you today!!! You are one cool kitty!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We are so glad to meet you Bambino!

Ivan from WMD said...

Welcome, Bambino! I think you will love this home!

Mickey's Musings said...

Nice to meet you Bambino!
Sounds like you have quite a bit of kitty spirit ;)
We think you will love living at this happy home!!
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger,JJ and Julie

The Island Cats said...

Hi ya, Bambino! It's great to meet you!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Hi Bambino! you are a lucky kitty to live with Karen Jo!

A few Good Cats said...

Bambino, we're glad to know you! You're going to have it made from now on, with all the love and good food you can enjoy.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Howdy, Bambino! We can't wait to hear all about your new life. You've landed in a great home. Concats!

Fur Everywhere said...

Hi Bambino! It is nice to meet you. We look forward to hearing all about your adventures at your great new home :)

Purrs,
Carmine, Milita, and Jewel

Cory said...

Pleased to meet you Bambino! We are looking forward to getting to know you.

Purrs,

Cory and family

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Bambino hello~!!!!
Welcome!!!!

Everycat said...

Yo Bambino, Prince of Pounce! We are very pleased to meet you. You have really landed on all four paws in your new home, your life is going to be wonderful now!

Gerry, Mungo & The Ape

Katie Isabella said...

I was re-reading Austin's post and still have leaky eyes about his little not a year old precious self gobne. And I miss Herman to this moment.

xo

Katie's mom

Anita said...

WELCOME BAMBINO! More new members!