Monday, March 26, 2012

Mancat Monday

I have been spending a lot of time in my ham-mick lately.  It's warm in the winter and cool in the  summer.  We finally got some window-whiffing time yesterday and just a little bit today.

Karen Jo:  I wanted to give you a whole day of window-whiffing today, but it has been too windy.

You have been a really bad blogger again.

Karen Jo:  Sorry, I have both been busy and feeling so overwhelmed with all that I have to do that I got down in the dumps again and didn't feel like doing much of anything.  It's like I am all full-steam ahead or just sitting on the couch reading.

At least you are back to it again.  I did get some corned beef and it was really yummy.  I got a little bite whenever Mom took a bite until it was all gone.  Mom has been trying to get a photo of a raven, so you can all see how big they are.  No way would I tangle with one of those, even if I got to go outside, which I don't.

Karen Jo:  I framed a shot through the window, but couldn't get the right perspective.  If I go out, they fly away.  Maybe one day I will just go outside with the camera and sit still, hoping they will get used to me and come where I can get a good picture.  They are still helping empty the suet feeder every day, but now the starlings and the flickers get a chance at it, too.  Yes, the flickers have shown up. There are signs of Spring everywhere now.  Some fruit trees are blooming, along with some forsythia bushes.  I saw a daffodil today.  The peonies are coming up and so are the iris.  There is only a tiny patch of snow left in the front yard. Even the beleaguered lilac bush is putting forth some leaves.  The gophers didn't manage to completely kill it after all.

I have gotten a bit friskier and am running around the house in the evenings and nights again.  I am even playing with some of my toys.  I am tossing my little mice all over the place.  I even play with Mom a little bit.  The problem is that all this activity makes me hungry and Mom is being really stingy with my food, especially at lunch time.  I had to get her up twice this morning: once at dawn for my canned food and again when it was high time she was up to refill my dry food.

Karen Jo:  You know what the vet told me about your weight and what to do about it.  I want you to be as healthy as possible.  Another sign of Spring is that you are getting little mats in your chest fur.

I don't like the way you get rid of them.  You pull on my fur until you get it out.

Karen Jo:  It isn't as bad as all that.  I separate your fur into smaller and smaller clumps until I can separate the mat out.  It only pulls a little bit at the end.

That's what you think.  I find the whole process uncomfortable.

Karen Jo:  Would you rather I let it get bad until you have to have your chest shaved again?

No!

Karen Jo:  Do you want me to use the scissors on your mats?

No!  I hate scissors.

Karen Jo:  Then stop complaining and let me brush you more.

That pulls, too.  I know, it only pulls what the brush finds some loose fur caught in the rest of the coat, but I still don't like it.  I only like it when it feels like petting.

Karen Jo:  It's so tough being you.  You still get more food than you generally eat; you have more toys than you can play with; you have a full-time live-in human servant and you get all the petting you can handle at bedtime.

Put that way, I guess I am a very lucky kitty.

17 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

A lucky kitty indeed. But soometimes its good to moan.. I think you are happy realy... Hugs GJ x

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think you are a very lucky kitty indeed!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

A lot of us are lucky kitties like that. :)

The Island Cats said...

Haha! Herman, you are one lucky kitty!!

Ellen Whyte said...

MOL, you're a very lucky kitty indeed! Hey, have you tried a furminator? We have short hair but we hear they are good.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We love that hammick of yours and keep tellin TBT he gotta make one fer us.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Princess gets her mats sorted out the same way and she thinks that it pulls too. A kittehz life can be so full of frustrations like these!

Marg said...

HI there Herman. It sure sounds like you have a really good home. You get great snacks and get good brushing. That Mom takes such good care of you. Listen, did your Mom say that she might be ready for another FIV kitty?? We know about one that needs a home and he is so cute. He is on our post today. Please take a look.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Hahah! Herman, we cats are always put upon. Now, we love to be brushed, but we sure don't like having our eyes wiped and only one of us will tolerate the mom rubbing kitty toothpaste on our gums and teeth (not Nicki).

So it seems no matter how wonderful your forever home, there's always unpleasant stuff the humans want to do to us!

Ivan from WMD said...

Cheer up, Herman--lots of kids get matted fur. The kangaroo makes Olivia's fur all matty quite often.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You are a good boy Herman and I am proud of you actually letting those mats go bye-bye, even if it hurts!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Yes, you are a very lucky kitty but do you know what? Your mom is a very lucky mom, too. After all, she has you!

Oui Oui said...

Hi Karen Jo,
Marg has posted some pictures of a FIP+ kitty who needs a home. http://www.margsanimals.com/blogs/index.php/margspets/

I don't know where you are located, but I would be glad to help transport him, and I'm sure lots of others would help too, if you are interested.

Baby Patches said...

Hai handsome Herman! You and your momma are too cute, funny. Sounds like spring is on the way and you is having fun with your toys. Maybe after you gets your shipment from us your momma will looks at our pure freeze dried treats for you, they is low in fat!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

Shaggy and Scout said...

Our friend Patches loves his lion cut! He gets mats real bad and when he gets his hair shaved they are gone and don't pull anymore. He's soft as velvet under there too.
That's a nice ham-mick. We don't have one and they look sooo comfy!

meowmeowmans said...

Herman, we certainly think you are a very lucky kitty, indeed! And your Mom is lucky to have you, too! :)

Jacqueline said...

Herman, you have Raven TV=how cool!!...Happy weekend sweet friend...xoxo...Calle, Halle, Sukki